Multiswitch

tbauter

Original poster
Jul 1, 2005
I just had a dual tuner installed (522). I am try/wanting to add a third tuner. However I believe the polarity is the same for both satellites (110/119). I did purchase a generic multiswitch and my dual tuner will only see "line A", or one of the satellites. Under inspection I found that 110 and 119 are using the same transponders. Is there a special switch that I must use? I was reading other threads and that is what it sounds like. Would a DP34 work?

My setup would be if you think it would work

Dish 500 --> Dual LNB dishpro-->DP34-->dvr522 + reciever4700 E*

On a side note I have been a E* person for sometime. When I upgraded to the 522 they switched out the old dual LNB. Should I ask for that back?

Thanks.

Toby

you need a DP34....a reguklar multiswitch would only work for duals, which sees one satellite

You probably have a Twin

tbauter said:

You want a DP Twin, not a DP Dual. Using the correct name is important to make sure you get what you mean and not what you ask for.

The 4900 (all 4700s got an upgrade) is legacy and won't work properly with a DP switch. Your options are to get a $69 DP Adapter or step up to the DPP44 instead of the DP34.

tbauter said:
I just had a dual tuner installed (522). I am try/wanting to add a third tuner. However I believe the polarity is the same for both satellites (110/119). I did purchase a generic multiswitch and my dual tuner will only see "line A", or one of the satellites. Under inspection I found that 110 and 119 are using the same transponders. Is there a special switch that I must use? I was reading other threads and that is what it sounds like. Would a DP34 work?

On a side note I have been a E* person for sometime. When I upgraded to the 522 they switched out the old dual LNB. Should I ask for that back?

Thanks.

Toby

I'm surprised they didn't use a Dish Pro Plus twin. It would have saved them money on installation as it only needs 1 wire diplexed and separated, but if they used a DP twin, my suggestion would be get a DPP twin with separator, and remove one of the lines currently going to your lnb, then connect the 4700 to the location you removed the 2nd wire from the 522. I have never tested it, but Dish claims that the DPP lnbf's do not need adapters if a dual Tuner is already on it. DPP Twin should cost you less then a dp34 and dp adapter or a DPP 44 (200.00).

OLN - Not available a-la-carte???

LNB Question

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)