Murphy's Law - Dish Installed with 722k and today I buy a new HDTV

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Toyzruskid1976

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
Dayton, OH
So yeah... my luck and timing are awful.

I had Dish installed last week and did the whole 722 deal for my 2 TVs

Well... I really didn't think I'd be getting a 2nd HDTV within the next two years... guess what... I got a 2nd one today.

What are my options? with the 722 I wont get HD on both TVs...

Anyone have a really cheap way of getting HD for the 2nd TV?

What are my options?

I'm sure I can survive without HD on the new TV, but I figured there might be a slim chance that y'all have a really easy solution.

The CHEAP solution would be to run an HDMI or Component w/audio cable to the 2nd HDTV. Drawback is, both TVs would have to be tuned to the same channel. How far from the 722K is the new one? Get cables from monoprice.com.

You do know that you that all of the 722's outputs are "hot" at the same time so you if you can run a HDMI cable to the 2nd HD TV you can view same channel/same time. Use the component outs/RCA audio for the HD TV near the receiver OR get a powered HDMI splitter. Get your cables/splitter from monoprice.com . I've got a 622 & 722 feeding 4 HD TVs.

Ed

The CHEAP solution would be to run an HDMI or Component w/audio cable to the 2nd HDTV. Drawback is, both TVs would have to be tuned to the same channel. How far from the 722K is the new one? Get cables from monoprice.com.

If I wasn't such a s l o w typist I might have beat you................:rolleyes::)

Ed

I probably have about 50 feet to run the cord. I mean I could totally be ghetto if I wanted to and just roll the cord through the house when I wanted HD in the bedroom... but if I wanted that I would have had DirectTV do my install :p

Good Idea! Glad I asked.

Exactly what I did. HDMI to the Kitchen and Component to the Dining Room. Cables are better and cheaper at eForCity.com. Got a 30ft. (the shortest run from the equip room), 1.3b, Metal Jacketed, Black (some charge extra for black) cable for $25 and free shipping. The Component cables were $15. The pictures on a 42" and 36" are incredible.

You could always get an HD capable wireless media sender and skip the wiring mess. Cost you $50-100 and Dish can not charge you a dime for it so it will pay for itself in about a year.

If you do decide to go the ultra expensive method, go with decent component cables rather than HDMI. HDMI can (but doesn't always) have distance issues.

They make these things? any particular brand or place I should be looking for?

The only one or two that are true HD HDMI wireless are $800-1000.00.
Future of HD wireless looking pretty grim, since Belkin closed the door on it's Sky media sender.

If you have basement access -- like I do -- then run the HDMI that way. Monorprice has a splitter/switcher device that is support to HD over Cat5 too, but you need two units so it get rather pricey quickly.

Personally, I'd be more worried about signal degradation with component (which is an analog signal) than HDMI (which is all digital) -- another plus is that HDMI also has audio and it's just one cable to run. I have my 722 driving a couple 40ft HDMI cables to two HDTVs -- granted its via a switcher/splitter.

Im seriously thinking of running the HDMI cable through the same path as my cable line.

I should be ok running it outside as well correct? (It's under the eave so it should be fine) Just need a big enough drill bit to open up the hole...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts