My 622 won't record JIP HD RSN games

styxfix

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 7, 2003
Pacific Coast
I always set timers to record the MLB HD games on my local RSN which is CSNBA (5419) & CSNCA (5409). Last night, a timer firer right on time at 7:00 on 5419 but, since this game has JIP in the title (which is almost all the time out here on the left coast) the only thing that gets recorded the slate "Check back to see if your Local team is in HD" for FOUR HOURS. This has happen several times already.

I know the game eventually came on in HD on this channel since when I came home I saw it on the other tuner but, apparently something was recently changed with the "flags" or something with JIP games on your RSN. The HD game won't appear unless you go that station AFTER DISH turns it on for your area. So if you just sit and wait on that channel for the game to turn on (like my timer does) the game will never appear. If you turn to that HD station after DISH decides to show for your area, it will work and you'll see. I guess DISH really hated when early in the season sometimes we would get to see the end of a eg.Florida Marlins game in HD before the start of my local team game in HD.

Please DISH use another transporter for HD games on RSNs so this won't keep happening and there will be more local sports in HD for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)