My 625, Aquiring Satellite Signal....................

Parlyle

Pub Member/Supporter
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 16, 2004
West Central Wisconsin
My 625 reciever continually searches for the satellite signal every time I turn it on. And then the show starts. This has been going on for about 3 months now. I haven't asked for a reason, but it's getting pretty frustrating, especially if I want to see a show that I have been watching on our other 622 reciever.
Any responses will be greatly apprecialted.

Lyle

Last edited:
If you get a resolution on this let me know. Mine has been doing it for a couple months now (every single time I turn it on).

It is at the point where I'm ready to cancel. I tried calling Dish twice on it and with a good signal and running switch test they can't find any problems. I plan on calling Dish one more time and telling them it needs to get resolved or I will cancel.

It happens on my 522 though.

Try reversing the receiver input cables. see if the 622 whacks out on the 625 cable.

I'll have to try that. I think I'll have to go to the DP-44 switch and change them. Is this the solution you had in mind?
Just for information, this is the second recieiver that this happened to. I requested a replacment when the one before this one did the same thing.
I sure hope this can be solved. I really am getting sick and tired of this.

Lyle

Everytime I roll on a service call for that issue, I usually find a non-rated barrel in the system, typically at a wallplate.

Make sure your wallplates/splice barrels and ground blocks have the blue center and not a white.

I recently went to one where 6 techs been to this customers home, swapped recievers, lnbs you name it. Within 15 minutes I was gone and the customer never called back... had a non rated wallplate.

On edit:

Here's a link to a PDF that shows a picture of several -- the ones on the right have the blue.

http://www.hollandelectronics.com/catalog/06CatalogPages/p33_34.pdf

Last edited:
Everytime I roll on a service call for that issue, I usually find a non-rated barrel in the system, typically at a wallplate.

Make sure your wallplates/splice barrels and ground blocks have the blue center and not a white.

I recently went to one where 6 techs been to this customers home, swapped recievers, lnbs you name it. Within 15 minutes I was gone and the customer never called back... had a non rated wallplate.

On edit:

Here's a link to a PDF that shows a picture of several -- the ones on the right have the blue.

[Make sure your wallplates/splice barrels and ground blocks have the blue center and not a white.]
I just checked and I have wallplates that have the "white" centers. I do have the 3Ghz, blue barrels. Can I replace the white ones with the blue ones. I haven't taken one apart yet, so I don't know. I wanted to get a line out as soon as I could to you. We also have the 625 output to another TV with a splitter to 2 different walllpates in our new office. It's for an extra monitor for a laptop, and watching Dish. Could this be some problem?
Thanks for the response:

Lyle

My 625 has been doing this since one of the updates. All my connections are 3ghz rated so I know that isn't the problem.. Never had this problem till L4.xx software.

[Make sure your wallplates/splice barrels and ground blocks have the blue center and not a white.]
I just checked and I have wallplates that have the "white" centers. I do have the 3Ghz, blue barrels. Can I replace the white ones with the blue ones. I haven't taken one apart yet, so I don't know. I wanted to get a line out as soon as I could to you. We also have the 625 output to another TV with a splitter to 2 different walllpates in our new office. It's for an extra monitor for a laptop, and watching Dish. Could this be some problem?
Thanks for the response:

Lyle

Really you only need the blue high frequency barrels on the SAT line, not TV output.

Do you have diplexers in the system? If so what kind do you have?

Just replace them and go from there. Good luck!

On edit:

All of mine are the white ones, never had a problem like that before.

My 625 has been doing this since one of the updates. All my connections are 3ghz rated so I know that isn't the problem.. Never had this problem till L4.xx software.

My 625 is in the same boat since L4.xx came along. I've called them multiple times and get the "known software issue" response. Along with waiting for Satellite Signal every morning I'm getting phantom reboots when the 625 is "off." Thank God it doesn't happen while watching TV like some of the 622's.

I'm thinking about upgrading my 811 and adding some programming, but if this 625 issue isn't fixed soon, it may be FIOS for me, which is a shame because my E* experience has been one of the better ones.

absolutely, check LNB signal strength is the first step. I had the issue a few months ago and I found my LNB signal strength on various transponders (especially the spot beam with my locals) was way off from what it normally is. the issue was my apple tree grew into the path of the dish a little bit. A little bit of trimming and all was great.

A few weeks ago, I had the same acquiring signal issue and found it was related to signals from one of the polarities at 119 deg W. I cleared the switch (disconnect the LNB, run "check switch" until it errors out after 38 steps or whatever, then rehook up LNB and let it act like there is a new installation going on). Reinitializing the switch settings seemed to have fixed the issue and I haven't seen any more acquiring signal issues yet (fingers crossed).

dish hasn't even acknowledged a problem when I call

however, my 522 continues to reboot all night long

they sent me a new receiver and made me pay for shipping, the unit does the same thing

I called and they dispatched an installer...the guy walks in asks me the problem, I explain it and he says well everything is fine, your signal looks good, those receivers just do that...we just tell customers to leave them on all the time.

I started having the same problem about a month ago. I have called tech support numerous times. They sent someone out a few weeks ago and swapped my 522 for a 625. That didn't help either. I have a 622 as well and that reciever is fine. It's deffinetly not the recievers. I did find an LNB drift on the 129. So that could be the problem. That can cause the constent rebooting. At any rate this is getting very frustrating. There sending someone out again on Sunday. If I learn anything new I'll pass it on.

hmmm, exact same problem as me

my 622 runs fine, it is just the 522, please do let me know if you find anything out

I'm going to call the manager out here for the installs, he is on vacation but supposedly he is pretty sharp on these things

how do I find out if I am getting LNB drift?

From the Main Menu, press 6 to select “System Setup.”.From System Setup screen, press 1 to select “Installation.” From Installation screen, press 3 to select “System Info.” The System Info One screen appears. It will then go through a check. Look for the box that says satellite signal. On mine it shows the 110 120 129. When I did this it showed the 129 having an LNB drift. Hope this helps.

ah, thx, mine checks out fine there, all 3 sats green and show status good

though the color on my TV goes funky everytime it runs the test :)

Well here it is Sunday. The tech came out this morning. I tried to tell him about the LNB drift message I keep getting. He told me that was not the problem and gave me a replacement reciever again, This will be my third now. The rebooting is still going on all day and night twice every hour. He never went outside to check to see if the LNB was bad. My next step would be to call dish again and talk to tech support. But I'm sure they will just send another tech out to replace the reciever. From looking over the forum I can see several posts about this issuse with the rebooting. If anyone gets a solution to this problem let me now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)