My 7100 Received An Update This Morning

Last Tuesday (11/30/04) my DishPlayer got new receiver software (version 1.25) and this morning I got the new Client software (version 17007). My GUESS is that the updates have something to do with security. I have heard that new YELLOW smartcards that are going to be sent out to DishPlayer owners in the first or second quarter of 2005.

One change that I have noticed is that my 7100 with a 120 HD now says "7200+ (HDD Upgrade)". Before it said "unknown".

Bill R - can you check your setup/Multi-Dish screen? I'm curious if they sneek in SuperDish at some point just to keep us 7200 owners happy.

I just checked and there is no superdish support.

I was told last spring that the model 7100 and 7200s were NOT going to get superdish support and, as far as I know, that hasn't changed.

MIGuy said:
Have no idea what it does however. Anyone else?
One thing I noticed: on the Search screen, next to the text-entry box, there are now two check boxes. One says 'Extensive' and the other says 'Title Only'. I haven't tried either of them, but I had never noticed them before.

hi,

you can sort of have super dish support for 7100 & 7200's. what i have done is installed SW64 with 119, 110 & 121(36" FTA Dish) and connected it to my 7200. after switch check it shows only 119 & 110 and shows x for 121. however after taking the 15min update and listing update you can see and watch all 121 channels with 9 Day EPG on your 7200. i use legacy hardware.

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts