My cat lays on top of my Dish receiver

My cat discovered my 622 a few months ago. It's funny because a couple times I've seen her roll over and roll off it. :D

I don't think it's that bad. I will be getting a new cabinet which won't allow her to lay on it any more. My wife just had our baby boy and I'm going to have to enclose it in something that has glass doors.

My cat discovered my 622 a few months ago. It's funny because a couple times I've seen her roll over and roll off it. :D

I don't think it's that bad. I will be getting a new cabinet which won't allow her to lay on it any more. My wife just had our baby boy and I'm going to have to enclose it in something that has glass doors.

Just make sure it has plenty of ventilation.

This is an example of permissive parenting. When we had 2 cats, they were instructed and trained to always stay on the floor (or there designated indoor "throne") and NEVER to even attempt to jump on the counters or on any device. If on the rare occasion they did hop on a sofa or go somewhere they weren't, I all had to do was just give her the look, and say "OFF! MOVE! And they did move immediately because they knew I meant business.

I have found that if they get stubborn, all it takes is good scoot with a broom and they won't repeat the offense. It was great having civilized cats. But they always loved going outside to hunt, so indoors wasn't very often. How's that for parenting advice :).

When it gets too hot, your cat will look for a cool place to curl up in. :)

Attachments

• P1000627.JPG
    P1000627.JPG
    107.9 KB · Views: 201
This is an example of permissive parenting. When we had 2 cats, they were instructed and trained to always stay on the floor (or there designated indoor "throne") and NEVER to even attempt to jump on the counters or on any device. If on the rare occasion they did hop on a sofa or go somewhere they weren't, I all had to do was just give her the look, and say "OFF! MOVE! And they did move immediately because they knew I meant business.

I have found that if they get stubborn, all it takes is good scoot with a broom and they won't repeat the offense. It was great having civilized cats. But they always loved going outside to hunt, so indoors wasn't very often. How's that for parenting advice :).

Trust me, I allow my cat to get on top of the receiver! My cat does know what NO means
icon7.gif
and if she gets an attitude corporal punishment is used, and the offense usually isn't repeated.

My cat turns clockwise in my lap a few turns before laying down.
I wonder if I lived in the southern hemisphere, would he turn counterclockwise.
(How far off topic can you get?):)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts