My conditional access module stops descrambling

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mohanaprakash

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
Dear All

I am using an ASTON CAM module, the CAM module stops descrambling after some time. Again the video is played when i remove and reinserted my CAM.

Can any one have any idea why a descrambler in a CAM stops descrambling.

Regards
Mohanaprakash T

Dear All

I am using an ASTON CAM module, the CAM module stops descrambling after some time. Again the video is played when i remove and reinserted my CAM.

Regards
Mohanaprakash T

Mo,

It could be possible that your system is not updating your CAM properly, it appears that it is receiving the updated changes from the provider, since it works after removing/re-inserting the CAM. But, it sounds like you are being required to do a manual RESET to activate/reboot it.

I would contact your satellite provider and let them know what is going on. They may have other customers who have been experiencing the same problem and can identify the reason quickly.

RADAR

Mo,

It could be possible that your system is not updating your CAM properly, it appears that it is receiving the updated changes from the provider, since it works after removing/re-inserting the CAM. But, it sounds like you are being required to do a manual RESET to activate/reboot it.

I would contact your satellite provider and let them know what is going on. They may have other customers who have been experiencing the same problem and can identify the reason quickly.

RADAR

Dear Radar

Thanks for your reply.

For your more information, i am having 2 units of same STB. In which one is running with ASTON and other is running with Alpha Crypt. The unit with alphe crypt is running properly for the same signal.

I am facing the problem with only ASTON.

Regards
Mohanaprakash T

Dear Radar

Thanks for your reply.

For your more information, i am having 2 units of same STB. In which one is running with ASTON and other is running with Alpha Crypt. The unit with alphe crypt is running properly for the same signal.

I am facing the problem with only ASTON.

Regards
Mohanaprakash T

Mo,

Since your STBs are the same model, have you tried to swap the CAMs between the two STB's? If the problem continues to follow the ASTON CAM, then you can isolate it this way. Maybe your provider will replace your ASTON CAM? Or if you have to purchase that from another company, maybe they will replace it.

I have to let you know that we don't usually get involved in discussions related to subscription and CAM modules. We are mainly concerned with signals that are not encrypted and those which are deemed FTA. Therefore, most of us won't have much to offer you to help in this regard, other than generalities. It's kind of out of our realm and purpose.

I wish you luck, but I think that contacting your service provider would result in the best answers to your questions.

RADAR

Dear All

Regards
Mohanaprakash T

From what this information says, it is likely because you have an old version that needs upgrading. I copied this from the internet for you. There is a lot of information on the Internet if you search with Google.

"Only new Aston cams , with a green Led can be upgraded by satellite .
Last version for the former Astoncrypt cam is V 1.05 , and can't be upgraded .
To upgrade your cam , you will have first to modify the time length of message display in the cam menu to "unlimited" ( Menu / Information / Smart card information / Settings). Then , you only have to switch on your receiver on the right satellite and right frequency , insert your cam in your receiver , and the upgrade will start automatically within 5 ' .
These channels are STB Comag , or Technisat Kanal 50 on the Astra Frequency . Maybe you will need to store it manually .
With Xena 1800 & 2000 , you will have to select Menu / Installation / Download / pcmcia download , and enter the right parameters .
Anyway , you will check the new version has been downloaded , entering in the Common Interface menu."

From what this information says, it is likely because you have an old version that needs upgrading. I copied this from the internet for you. There is a lot of information on the Internet if you search with Google.

"Only new Aston cams , with a green Led can be upgraded by satellite .
Last version for the former Astoncrypt cam is V 1.05 , and can't be upgraded .
To upgrade your cam , you will have first to modify the time length of message display in the cam menu to "unlimited" ( Menu / Information / Smart card information / Settings). Then , you only have to switch on your receiver on the right satellite and right frequency , insert your cam in your receiver , and the upgrade will start automatically within 5 ' .
These channels are STB Comag , or Technisat Kanal 50 on the Astra Frequency . Maybe you will need to store it manually .
With Xena 1800 & 2000 , you will have to select Menu / Installation / Download / pcmcia download , and enter the right parameters .
Anyway , you will check the new version has been downloaded , entering in the Common Interface menu."

Excellent! Great explanation and information, McG!

I am (very) impressed! :)

RADAR

Thanks Radar but the credit should go to the power of Google. mohanaprakash and other's may not know the benefits of Google but I feel they should realize the benefit of being member's of SatelliteGuys, with minimal effort I found this information and posted it. My curiosity about this Aston cam tech got the best of me so I did a quick search, there's a ton of other forums discussing it but they are all in the Middle East and UK.

mohanaprakash, we hope you find SatelliteGuys a useful and enjoyable site for needs. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)