My dryer went out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tackled a washing machine repair on my own. It wouldn't spin or drain. I took it apart and found a broken plastic piece between the motor and the drum. The piece cost about $20 and it took about an hour of my time. Felt great fixing it myself. Great to only spend $20 instead of coughing out $400 for a new washer.

I'd chime in on what everybody else says... if you got a simple voltmeter to check continuity, there isn't really anything on an electric dryer you can't fix yourself, on the cheap. That's true for nearly all all home appliances. There is a wealth of information available on the internet, even if you don't consider yourself particularly handy.

I'd chime in on what everybody else says... if you got a simple voltmeter to check continuity, there isn't really anything on an electric dryer you can't fix yourself, on the cheap. That's true for nearly all all home appliances. There is a wealth of information available on the internet, even if you don't consider yourself particularly handy.
I'll second that! I saved either $3000 for a new 65" HDTV, or a $500 service call by fixing my own set when the convergence chips failed. Thanks a lot, internet! :)

It seems now my dryer is on the fritz. One cycle isn't enough to dry the clothes, gotta run it twice. Figures. Guess I'll have to tinker with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)