My Experience with Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jgags6

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 31, 2006
Rockford,IL
Ive been a dish customer for about 5 years now and ive never had any problems with them--until now. I just moved into a house that we built. So i called dish to do the dish mover. The first time the Dish guy came he stayed for about 10 minutes and said that he didnt bring the right parts and they would have to reschedule. The earliest day i could get was a week later. I called dish and bitched, telling them that i wasnt going to pay for a weeks worth of service and ewventually i got the install dated moved up 2 days to the following wendsday.

Wends rolls around and the installer was okay, he did a good job except he refused to install the OTA antenna for my locals. I called Dish Express (the place who sent the installers) and they said that he should have installed the antenna, so I had to set up another install date of today Monday July 30th from 8-12 am.

Here it is 12:50 and still no dish installer. I called Dish Express again and they said that my install was cancelled by dish. And they would have to reschedule. Now im patiently waiting a call back from the manager.

Anyone have any advice of who i can call at dish to complain about this???

Anyone have any advice of who i can call at dish to complain about this???
No advice on contacts, but some advice about what not to complain about: do not whine to Dish Network about anything related to the OTA installation.

It seems that your beef is with Dish Express and while Dish Network needs to be kept abreast of what is going on, they aren't able to make your technician show up on time with all the parts that are needed.

Another piece of advice: don't sign anything until your getting what the respective provider promised.

I agree your problems are with "Dish Express". Dish Network does not care about your OTA antenna, DN is a satellite company, not a antenna company. The only time I seen them mess with OTA is on a case by case deal such as when customers lost their distant networks and offered free antenna installations.

If it had been a DNS technician, there's no Bullsh!t when it comes to I didn't bring the right parts we'll have to reschedule, it's I'll contant my manager and I'll have him/her bring the parts needed, in the meantime I'll get started......

Sounds to me like it could be a somewhat more then your average install. :)

A Dish Mover does not include OTA antenna installation. If someone does do it for you then you should be slipping them a nice tip for their time and skills. :)

Thats what i was thinking too but I called dish and they said that the guy should have done that with the dish mover. Even when Dish Express called to confirm the appointment I had to tell them what they were going to do, the lady asked for the model number and said that it wouldnt be a problem. So according to them there wasnt any problem with them installing it.

Still the point is that today was my 3rd day off work and its looking very quickly like im going to have to take a fourth off for this crappy service.

"Still the point is that today was my 3rd day off work and its looking very quickly like im going to have to take a fourth off for this crappy service."

Point taken, we the customers shouldn't put off with that crap. I will keep complaining and telling them that you're taking time off from work.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts