My LinkUs - Dish 1000 install

downriver

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
Horse Creek, CA
Had an afternoon appointment, between noon and five. Around 7:00, pitch dark, two guys show up. They said they had five afternoon installs scheduled. We were pretty mad by then. They were having a hard time hitting the 129 and one said he thought the dish should be moved. by around 8:30 they seemed to nail the signal, activated voom and left. By 8:45 we wanted these guys gone. They were not out of the drive before the signal turned to garbage. Strength is around 40 and is unusable and the 100 & 119 birds are weaker also.

I talked to this LinkUs company several times when we were looking for these guys and got nothing but the runaround. They said they could not contact them because they had no cellphone but sure enough they did.

After two bad 625's and a new and now obsolete 942, numerous calls to folks in Pakistan or somewhere with English as a 2nd language who are reading a script and are a total waste of time I am about ready to throw in the towel. Been a Dish DVR customer since the 7100, around six years.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. If it was me, I would bypass calling Linkus and go directly to Dish. Explain everything; your past history with Linkus..and how you've been a loyal customer. At this point I'm sure you'll be transfered to their Winback department. Depending on your overall feelings about Dish, it still may be best to stick with them. At the same time, make sure Dish sends out a reputable tech.

Good luck

The problem is that Linkus Enterprises is the RSP for his area so there really is not a guaranteed way around them. He could call back in and request that either:

1) The job be subcontracted to another company although they may be no better than Linkus
2) That a field service manager be sent out on the job and make sure that it is done correctly.

Sorry to hear about your install problems though.