My radio show

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yragha

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 24, 2006
My show is entitled "the BLEND" and located @ blogtalkradio. com.

I would appreciate your comments & constructive critism. You can find a 2min. aircheck & the 5 past archived shows here...

http://btrtheblend.webs.com

After nearly fifteen years railroading I'm giving that all up to follow my dream of radio. With limited on air experience I have decided to enter broadcasting school shortly in hopes of jumpstarting this passion of mine. I was last on air at a small country station near Bryan-College Station in 2001.

Thanks,
Gary

Will listen, Gary when time permits.

BTW..the BEST way "in" if you have a good enough aircheck, is just to go to your local smalltown station, and ask to work with them. If you have aptitude, they probably need you for something. Get in the door, learn, learn, learn. Production, copy writing, engineering, interviewing, and all the aspects of radio...then prepare for an enjoyable life, but one that may not be the best rewarding financially. Radio is a belt-tightening industry, and the safest place is your local privately-owned station, where you're hopefully more than just a number on a spreadsheet of outgoing paychecks to cut.

My personal take on broadcasting school: Not a bad thing, but....get OUT if they tell you there's tons of jobs, great money, and tons of opportunities. Only a handful of college and broadcast school graduates are entering radio. Experience is EVERYTHING. Get to a local station before other people in that school do, and make yourself valuable to the management. And, do it whether it's 500 watts of AM, or a blowtorch FM. Offer your services. Be good enough that you're in radio before you finish broadcasting school.

Radio is at a point of revival, as the economy pushes people back to "free" airwaves, but they'll choose what's interesting, not what's the same in every other town and station on the dial.

It's a tough business and I wish you well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts