My Sling Adaptor is Smoking!

Claude Greiner

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Detroit - The Paris of the Midwest
I got a 722K showroom receiver hooked up to a Sling adaptor and this thing is literally smoking. I got this thing streaming at 8.5 Megs on a Business Class Fiber Internet connection and the picture quality just amazing.

Im getting 16 Megs down on this connection and 28 Megs up.

Check out the screen shot, showing at the rate the picture is streaming...

Claude Greiner
Dishstore.com

Attachments

• SLING.JPG
    SLING.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 465
I got a 722K showroom receiver hooked up to a Sling adaptor and this thing is literally smoking. I got this thing streaming at 8.5 Megs on a Business Class Fiber Internet connection and the picture quality just amazing.

Im getting 16 Megs down on this connection and 28 Megs up.

Check out the screen shot, showing at the rate the picture is streaming...

Claude Greiner
Dishstore.com

I am glad it is working well but you scared me!! LOL

The power adapter for my Sling Classic almost caught fire from running too hot. I though that was what you were speaking of.

Yeah and then stating "literally smoking" actually means the unit is smoking, on fire, burning, shorting out, etc....that's what the "literal" part means.

But thanks for the info, now I don't have to run downstairs with a fire extinguisher in hand to check my sling adapter.

I should have taken a picture of my Slingbox Classic.. it was really smoking through the little holes on top. I unplugged that thing in a heartbeat before it caught fire!

Now see LITERALLY smoking means something else.

Last edited:
Remember that all all electronic gear runs on smoke. Once you let the smoke out, it stops working. :dev

Now, if they could only figure out how to use it with a Sling Catcher. Oh wait. I can use it with one of those TVs that have them built in. I just need to find one. :)

You should have a little talk with your sling adapter. Tell it about those warnings the Surgeon General has placed on the sides of cigarette packs. ;)