My Small Dish Farm

Digital Rain

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 4, 2005
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
Just wanted to post my Dish Farm - such as it is - any comments?

Attachments

• IM0004262A.JPG
    IM0004262A.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 503
  • IM000424.JPG
    IM000424.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 478
Very nice. I hope to have about half a dozen satellite dishes up myself (maybe a dozen in the future) if I ever get my other projects out of the way.

nice setup :)

I posted this in the FTA area, but here is my setup...from left to right
-Galaxy 10 (123)
-Dish 110/119
-StarChoice (107.3/111.1)
-motorized (at SBS6 in the picture)

the one in the background is a DirecPC aimed at G3 :)

Last edited:
I would like to setup several satellites on one dish. I will use my signal meter to find out where the lnbf is getting a signal or not. I wish I could have gotten one of those satellite recognition meters such as the DogBird for a decent price but they up the bids everytime I go to bid on one on ebay.

75e, which is a 37x27 dish :)

so it is close to the Primestar dish size. The DirecPC is 39x23 and I have another that I just got, but its 35x20, so it performs like a 30"

Nice .
My wife rolls her eyes when I talk of adding another dish.. :rolleyes:
I attached a picture of my antenna "farm"
7.5 and 10 foot mech c/Ku and two 30" Ku's and Direcway Dish (currently not in use)

Attachments

• dishes.bmp
    701 KB · Views: 197
Nice set up - wish I had room for a "BUD" - My Wife does the same thing - the eye roll and the blah blah blah blah. But I tell her w/o the farm U wouldn't be able to watch your soaps and all that girly stuff.

nice pics folks

soon I will take pics of my dish installs. I presently have two 75 cm Ku band patriot ptx dishes with sg-2100 motors running a coship 2300B in the spare bedroom and a pansat 2500 A in the living room with a uhf remote kit.

The pansat is feeding the distribution system in the house from its channel 4 modulator output. We can watch the pansat in several rooms with the uhf remote control kit(this works well).

I presently have a fixed 1.8 meter prodelin in the backyard with two c-band lnbf's one on g-10r (c-band) and the other on satmex5 (c-band) two rg-6 quad cables running to two power passing splitters (passes power on both ports) splitting each c-band feed between both 4x1 diseqc switches located just behind each KU patriot dish. This way both receivers have limited c-band capability. (outdoor channels) and Military history channel in the clear for now on G-10R.

I just got my 10 foot prime focus fiberglass dish home from my cousin's today. In previous posts I thought it was 12 feet, I was incorrect, it's a 10 foot.

I have a 3.5 stainless steel pole that is perfectly plumb 7 feet above ground, 4 feet below ground with 10 bags of cement that my 1.8 meter is on. I plan to mount the 10 foot dish on this pole. The pole is filled to the top with cement and is very rigid.

Here is my dilema, the 10 foot dish has a 4.5" hole on the polar mount. The mount is designed for a pole 1 inch larger. This ten foot dish is fairly lightweight but I am concerned about windload. Could I simply get an adaptor from my local pipe supplier to adapt from 3.5 to 4.5 or do you think the 3.5 is too small for a 10 foot dish. Please advise :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts