My thanks to this site

Tampa8

Supporting Founder - I'll stand up and say so
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 8, 2003
Tampa/Eastern Ct
The addition of the online Dish CSR's to me is a major breakthrough. This is attributed to Scott of course, to Dish Network, but also to the caliber of the CSR's that are willing to go online here to help us. I have been a recipient as so many others have of the help in getting a problem solved.

What it tells me is CSR's do not get enough training in the product they are trying to help us with. When I wanted to add EuroNews the chat CSR said it was not offered. I explained it was, it was showing as an add on in my programming list. But they insisted it was no longer offered. Never bothered to actually check as far as I could tell. That's the kind of thing a company should be most on top of - someone wanting to spend more money, yet sadly this is not uncommon, though not only with Dish for sure.

Then comes along the CSR's here and everything changed. They understand the problem and if they say something just can't be done I have far more faith in that answer, because often they can overcome the problem.
So Satellite Guys should be proud of the CSR program. Direct TV would do well to follow suit.

They're still confused about some things. One CSR will tell you that MSNBC HD & Cooking Channel HD are NOT available in the Dish America packages. You tell them that the Dish website says they are shown as being in the package and they tell that it is incorrect and that the logos will be removed (they've been on there for a long time!). Then you get another CSR who says they are part of the package...Go figure!! :rolleyes:

My favorite of the DishNetwork chats ... when I complain about Dish Remote Access problems.. and they tell me to unplug my receiver and plug it back in... like *that* would solve the problem with how Dish Remote Access sorts the TV show listings, it pulled from my DVR? Or the second and third times, when you clearly start the chat asking if they know what Dish Remote Access is.... and still they want you to unplug your receiver for the sort issue.. LOL

I think if it wasn't for this Sat Guys site I would not be a DISH subscriber today. All of the "nobody has ever had that problem before" responses from CSRs over the phone were making me think none of their equipment was designed to function in my house. It's nice to be able to go on this site and see if other subscribers have the same problems and what kind of workarounds they've found. After reading up on issues here, I'm much better prepared when/if I ever attempt to get phone support from DISH.

The addition of the online Dish CSR's to me is a major breakthrough. This is attributed to Scott of course, to Dish Network, but also to the caliber of the CSR's that are willing to go online here to help us. I have been a recipient as so many others have of the help in getting a problem solved.

What it tells me is CSR's do not get enough training in the product they are trying to help us with. When I wanted to add EuroNews the chat CSR said it was not offered. I explained it was, it was showing as an add on in my programming list. But they insisted it was no longer offered. Never bothered to actually check as far as I could tell. That's the kind of thing a company should be most on top of - someone wanting to spend more money, yet sadly this is not uncommon, though not only with Dish for sure.

Then comes along the CSR's here and everything changed. They understand the problem and if they say something just can't be done I have far more faith in that answer, because often they can overcome the problem.
So Satellite Guys should be proud of the CSR program. Direct TV would do well to follow suit.

*****SMOOOCH!!!!******

(I don't think I have to write the rest ;) )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)