My toshiba plasma-any ideas on what the problem may be

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
Hey guys, I have a 42 inch plasma that is almost five years old we were watching a movie hear a loud clicking sound and we lose the picture. We have sound but no picture no menu comes up nothing. Tried unplugging it for a few. I think I am still in warranty, wonder if it is fixable?

Definitely not good. Sounds like some relays or capacitors are blown. More than likely the motherboard might need to be replaced.

S~

Satjay,

My Sharp did the same when I first got it. Watching it and all the sudden it would black out. The power light would stay on and no pix.
Power supply issue. Couldn't get mine to do it when the guy was coming to look at it so I pulled it down and checked the screws in the hanger to see if they were in too tight. Reinstalled it and no more problems. If you have warranty, use it! Need to show the tech what the problem is. That may be a problem when it is intermittent.

Good luck!

Thanks guys looks like power supply may be an issue they showed me sone areas that were puffed up that should not be inside the tv they are going to call Abc warehouse for approval to fix or some other option I guess...we shall see

Hi all just a update on this situation. Abc warehouse called and said were not going to repair it but offer me a new tv I had to pick something comparable so I got a 43 samsung plasma. I am happy with it, has a nice picture.

Good choice on the Samsung. I chose a 21" flat screen for my desktop monitor because it has a TV tuner and is a monitor too. The pix is incredible with the sharpness and clarity. The TV has an "info" button and can display the program information from the "off air" stations we receive. When my Sharp 46" flat screen quits, I'm headed for the Samsung product for sure! Maybe by then, the price will be down and the size will be big.

Enjoy the new Samsung!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts