Name-based recording is here

wa9pds

Original poster
Dec 26, 2003
Name-based recording is active and well on my 508 and 510 receivers. Dish called late this afternoon to "check the latest software" on my systems since they said my phone lines were NOT hooked. up. They WERE hooked up and they said they must have had bad info. Anyway, the rep from engineering dept. said the name-based recording would be here soon. VOILLA ! It's here.

wa9pds said:
Name-based recording is active and well on my 508 and 510 receivers. Dish called late this afternoon to "check the latest software" on my systems since they said my phone lines were NOT hooked. up. They WERE hooked up and they said they must have had bad info. Anyway, the rep from engineering dept. said the name-based recording would be here soon. VOILLA ! It's here.
Hmmm well how can you tell?? I dont see anything on my 510 that has anything to do with NBR.

NBR software version for 508

Software version for the 508 is P223DCMD-N

Software version for the 510 is P223DC8D-N

T see if NBR is onb your system....

Punch the "search" button on your remote. At the bottom of screen check either title or name. Then type in title or name at top of screen. Toggle over to "search" and hit "enter". If you see a list of programs showing your search answered, you have it. Note that the search goes on through several days or until you stop it.

Sorry I misinterpreted what I'm seeing on my DVRs

Scott Greczkowski said:
Just got a note from a contact at Dish.

Name based recording has NOT been released for the 50x series.

I apologize for evidently mis-interpreting what I found on my systems when I punched up "search". I guess it must have been wishful thinking on my part. I had no business posting something I failed to verify with others who know far more about this than I. In other words, I didn't know what I was talking about and made totally incorrect statements.

Thats ok. I Went ahead and did the software update anyway knowing full well that it wasn't released yet.

LM

LOL, no kidding.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dish02.JPG
    Dish02.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 541
Just to rub it in a little, I have been loving my named based recording on my brand new (after dishin it up) 522 that replaced my 510.

Something tells me that is the only way 510 owners are going to get named based recording.

Personally I didn't think it was that great a feature until I tried it.

You guys need to keep up the fight. Hold Charlie's feet to the fire!!!!!

508 or 501

522: Buffers and Tuners

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts