nasa tv

jbmiller

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
eau claire,wisconsin
i wish skyangel would put nasa tv in there package. i enjoy watching the space station and watching the shuttle go up as well. they have alot of kids stuff too for learning science. god made the heavens its alsome.
god bless
John

since nasa tv is a FTA channel, even on deativated recievers, don't sky angel only recievers already pick it up?

Derwin0, I think Dish stopped allowing unsubscribed receivers to see this channel a while back. I think you have to subscribe to some form of Dish service before you can see this channel.

Also lets not forget that Sky Angel only subscribers would only have a dish pointed at 61.5 and not 119.

See ya
Tony

Tony
I have an old 5000 that has been deactivated and still gets it....so maybe the "hit" hasnt hit yet :)

Last time i added a new reciever in April (my 811), it saw Nasa TV before I activated it. When setting it up, it was more interesting than the barker channels, so I put it there until it recieved the hit. But you are correct in the need for 119 though.

note, the sky angel flyer even "warned" about unsubscribed channels appearing from time to time, it mentions the occasional hbo/showtime/mc/encore free previews, and gives details in blocking them if need be.

Okay. I stand corrected. I know that Dish removed several "free" channels from their system and I thought NASA was one of them. Glad to hear it wasn't! Especially today. That external fuel tank camera view was awesome!

See ya
Tony

Tony
The only channels that work on a previously subscribed receiver are
Dish 101
NASA
Angel One
PPV OPreview (139 & 500)

Int'l preview doesnt anymore....gives the "smart card not authorized" thing
Use to get all the knockoff shopping channels too...but that got nuked too :(

Iceberg said:
Tony
The only channels that work on a previously subscribed receiver are
Dish 101
NASA
Angel One
PPV OPreview (139 & 500)

Int'l preview doesnt anymore....gives the "smart card not authorized" thing
Use to get all the knockoff shopping channels too...but that got nuked too :(

I used to be a E* subbed customer and cancelled it and kept skyangel only, I used to get the PIs on 61.5 until they sent me a new access card (that nagra2 stuff) and now I only get skyangel and the international preview channel (last I checked)

If I had a dish pointed at 110/119 I'd probally up to E* again but I living in an apartment its too much a pain to put one up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)