NBC's Premier League Live Extra Time

dalyew

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 16, 2012
Coral Springs, Florida
Dish has signed up to give its subscribers access to NBC Sports Live Extra apps so we can watch NBC streaming sports programming online and hence all the English Premier League matches being carried by NBC this season. But does anyone know if Dish will give us access to the extra matches that will be shown simultaneously via NBC's Premier League Live Extra Time channels? To be honest, I don't know how NBC is making these channels available to cable/satellite providers, but NBC claims they are being offered free as a bonus to providers already carrying their NBC Universal Sports channel for which Dish is already a provider.

Of course, Customer Service doesn't have a clue about it and have forwarded my request to the Overlords so I turn to the trusty experts here to see if anyone knows what will happen come August 17th when the season kicks off on NBC? I know a couple matches will be shown live on Universal Sports Network and maybe Telemundo but there will be concurrent matches being played and shown on these overflow channels which I haven't been able to ascertain from Dish if they will be carrying these overflow channels, although it shouldn't be costing them or its subscribers any extra money. I know we will be able to watch these matches through the Live Extra App but it would be better watching on my favorite tv, plus, as some of you might have experienced during the Olympics, that app can be a little wonky and unreliable (NBC is using the same app to show all their sports coverages now).

Before being attacked for being a soccer lover, it's actually my third favorite sport behind basketball and football. I'm just a sports lover that's living proof that we also prefer being with Dish for sports over the other satellite company that claim they're the leader in sports but also lead in digging deeper into our pockets. By the way, they haven't signed on to NBC yet for this EPL package.

Thanks for any new info on this.

I don't know whether those games will be on the app, but you should be aware that the app (at least for iPad) is terrible. More than once the games that were on NBC Sports were not available (Sounders game a few weeks back was listed as "upcoming" even after it had started, never became available), the video quality is average at best, and they don't have any replays (at least for MLS games) so unless you're watching LIVE, you're out of luck. It may be different for EPL, but especially compared to WatchESPN, NBC's app programmers just don't get it.

Yep, that's why I want to know if Dish will be carrying the Extra Time channels. Those extra channels will be carrying the concurrent live matches while the main match on NBC Sports is playing. NBC describe those channels like the NFL Sunday Ticket where you can watch all (almost all) the NFL games being played every Sunday. The big difference, these are being offered free to the providers so all Dish has to do is provide channels on Saturday mornings for these matches. The NBC Live Extra app is still horrible on Android too. It's slow and crashes all the time so it's not an alternative I want to depend on when the season starts on August 17.

I was hoping a DIRT member would be able to shed some light on this soon.

DIRT can not comment on what isn't yet. In other words, the channel doesn't exist yet so there is nothing to talk about...

According to this site, Dish Network will have Extra Time, as will a number of other providers. But the claim isn't sourced, but the site is a very reliable source of info.

WorldSoccerTalk.com is reporting that Dish Network is confirmed to carry Premier League Extra Time.
http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/07/...ween-aug-dec-including-10-on-free-to-air-nbc/

As of press time, the TV providers that will offer its subscribers Premier League Extra Time are DirecTV, DISH Network, AT&T U-verse, Cablevision’s Optimum, Comcast Xfinity TV and Suddenlink.

Scroll to the comment section to see this exchange with WorldSoccerTalk writer Christopher Harris:

This is the first time I’ve seen it confirmed that Dish Network will carry Premier League Extra Time. Is this correct?

Everything in the article is confirmed with NBC.

It'd be nice if NBC Sports advertised this (on their channel) or if Dish advertised these things now being available at the beginning of the season.

Thanks all for this good news. As posted earlier, I also wish we could get some official release from Dish about carrying these channels. Up to this morning a rep on the MyDish forum said they had not made a decision about carrying them as yet. She promised to get back to me when she heard something more definitive so I'm hoping to get a confirmation soon in light of nbc's announcement today.

Thanks all for this good news. As posted earlier, I also wish we could get some official release from Dish about carrying these channels. Up to this morning a rep on the MyDish forum said they had not made a decision about carrying them as yet. She promised to get back to me when she heard something more definitive so I'm hoping to get a confirmation soon in light of nbc's announcement today.

We currently do not have any information about this but will share anything we receive.

Does anyone knows if NBC Sports will change packages? I mean I have Latino 2, and I watch a lot of Premier League on Fox Soccer, but now it will be on NBC Sports which none of the Latin packages has.

Also Champions League was on Fox soccer as well, and now it is going to be on Fox Sports 1? what package will that channel be on?

Does anyone knows if NBC Sports will change packages? I mean I have Latino 2, and I watch a lot of Premier League on Fox Soccer, but now it will be on NBC Sports which none of the Latin packages has.
I'm all for it, but seeing that MSNBC, CNBC will also have games, I believe, those channels would need to slide over as well.

Also Champions League was on Fox soccer as well, and now it is going to be on Fox Sports 1? what package will that channel be on?
TBD if we get FS1 to begin with.

Cancelling Dish tomorrow night. I'm an avid English Premier League fan and my current satellite provider cannot give me any details about programming that is due to be unleashed in less than two weeks. Just ridiculous in this day and age.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts