NBR recording

martin1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 1, 2004
I have had a SA tivo for 2+years now. What is the advantage of
season pass over Name Base Recording if any. On NBR can you specify 1st run only,no duplicate etc? I have had E* for 3+ yrs before that BUD.
Just need to know if it would be worth going to D* to get their DVR.

The Dish 522 and the 942 both have name based recording .

It works similar to season passes. You can specify new episodes and it will record all episodes in the current tv season ;2005. It is not quite the same as tivo but they are working to narrow the future search critieria with new software that is coming sometime down the line.

I really like the 522 and the hd 942. You can even specify one channel only to do a search. You also have Dish Pass which will find your show on all channels . For instance, my wife likes Doris Day movies. I simply do a Dish Pass for Doris Day with information checked , and it records all Doris Day movies when it doesn't conflict with my timers already selected by priority. It is really cool. And the guide is fast unlike Tivo's.

IF you still aren't interested try Directv. You can always come back with the Dish lease plan a year from now. But remember , Both sat companies will be upgrading all hd receivers to mpeg4 sometime next year. They keep saying by fall or the start of 2006. Directv is also starting their own inhouse dvrs with out Tivo so they might be pushing those by year's end or the start of next year.

See if you can upgrade to a 522 with the Dish- n - up upgrades( lease) on the website or call them and see if you qualify. The dishstore.com has them for sale for under 369.00 I believe, if you want to own your receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)