Need a Diplexer recommendation

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ncarty97

Original poster
Apr 8, 2007
Hello. I did a search but didn't find any specific recommendations. I'm looking to get a diplexer to handle both my satellite inputs as well as my OTA.

I have a ViP622 with a Dish 1000 and Dish 500 (I'm getting the 110 and 119 satellites off the 1000 and the 61.5 off the 500) sent through a DP34 switch.

I also have an antenna for my local channels. Currently, I have three separate cables running down from the roof into my apartment and I'd like to get it down to one.

I came across the Eagle Aspen DD-212PE (http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=SPDX100DC) that seems like it will work, but it doesn't say that it is 'Dish Certified" (though it makes a lot of mention about DirecTV).

So, I would be very grateful if anyone could answer if this unit will work or if there is a better recommendation.

Thanks!

I'm guessing you have two satellite feeds to the 622 for the dual tuner, and the third cable is the over the air antenna. If that's the case you'll be able to combine the OTA cable and one satellite feed with diplexers, but you'll still need a second cable for the second tuner feed.

To get down to one cable you could switch the lnbs to Dishpro plus and add a separator at the receiver. Then combine the OTA antenna and the one satellite feed with diplexers. The only diplexers that are Dish approved are Holland DPD2, but others will work.

Thanks for the response. Why would I need to switch to the DishPro plus?

I spoke with someone at Dish technical support this morning and he indicated that the two satellite feeds could be combined into a single cable then split just before the inputs on the back of the DVR.

The only way to have 'one cable' is to use Dish Pro Plus equipment (DPP). The DP34 switch is just Dish Pro (DP). You need to pick up either a DPP33 switch OR replace the Dish 1000 with a Dish 500 and a DPP Twin OR use a Dish 1000.2. It's DPP.

Or you could just live with 2 cables with Diplexers .

Last edited:
I spoke with someone at Dish technical support this morning and he indicated that the two satellite feeds could be combined into a single cable then split just before the inputs on the back of the DVR.

The only way you can do this is with Dishpro Plus equipment. Dishpro equipment needs two cables to feed a dual tuner receiver. Dishpro Plus only needs one.

Your best solution would be a 1000.4, Eastern arc dish. One dish, no external switches, one cable to the receiver.

Hmm, that's strange. The guy had mentioned something about East and West version of channels as well. Thanks for the help guys.

I have a DishNet 1000.2 satellite connected to an outside antenna through a Terk diplexer connected to a Dishnet 612 VIP and a Dishnet 508 receivers. This setup works very well for me.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)