Need a little installation help here!

avalanche1962

Original poster
Aug 9, 2011
indian land, sc
I have a Vip722k with a 1000.4 dish. I need to be on the eastern arc. Our townhouse wa re-roofed last week and the installweres had to remove and re attch the dish back to the roof. Havent been able to get anything on the sat. since.

Tried to re-aim the dish to no avail. the 722k does not have a seeting for the 1000.4...can someone tell me how to reaim the dish to get a signal on the 722?

Thanks
Greg

Roofers are notorious for pulling off dishes and slapping them back on. It might be in the same area it was before, but way out of alignment.

If it is mounted solid, plumb and level, (which I doubt) you can get the correct setting for your zipcode from dishpointer.com

The 1K.4 dish is very hard to peak in without a meter of some type. Move it very, very, slowly.

Thanks for the reply. I did make sure it was plumb and level. the elevation is correct as well as the skew. My real question I guess is this. On my 722k box, there is no setting under "dish system" for the 1000.4 dish.. Only the 300, 500 and superdish.. so I think maybe thats where my problem is.. or not! lol. and sorry for all the typos earlier. I can really spell I just cant proof read..lol

leave it on 500 sat 72, trans 19

it takes time to lock on onscreen once you find the signal with the dish. Move it in very small increments and VERY VERY slowly.

ok. guys.. thanks for the help...I think Im getting there...I left the settings on 500,19,72 then adjusted the dish.. got a signal of 48 best I could get.. but then the system said scanning for avaliable satellites and then locked on to echostar 61.5 west! Is that right? west? then when i back out it says aquiring signal.. then go to the complete signal loss screen..

The .4 WA dishes are fairly new so unless it was installed in the last few months I would say you have an EA .4. The dish type (&the zip code) setting on the receiver does absolutely nothing other than give you set up angles. You're going to want to use 61.5 to find the sats with, and someone else will have to chime in on what transponder to use (it's been to long sense I installed a .4 EA, and my routing area didn't use them very often). IIRC the system can show a lock on 61.5 if you choose the 119 setting, and get on 110 which is obviously way off. Use the dishpointer.com site to find your general pointing direction and go from there. Worst comes to worst as long as you have the DHPP (warranty plan) a service call is only $15

ok. guys.. thanks for the help...I think Im getting there...I left the settings on 500,19,72 then adjusted the dish.. got a signal of 48 best I could get.. but then the system said scanning for avaliable satellites and then locked on to echostar 61.5 west! Is that right? west? then when i back out it says aquiring signal.. then go to the complete signal loss screen..

61.5 West is correct, all of Dish's satellites, as well as DirecTV are West satellites. East would be somewhere over Europe.

yes.. mine is an EA not a WA.. my azimuth is 173.3 but the direction have to point the dish if far more east of that.. I got nothing at the 173.3 coord...when i press the check switch button it says I have all sats.. but when i run the test is says i have fewer than is listed.. guess im gonna have to get an installer out here..

if you are getting 61.5, you are close, your dish picks up 77, 72.7 and 61.5 at the same time.

if you want to keep trying on your own, you can save the new results but it may make it more difficult to lock onto 72.7 as it will delete the previous results

if you select save on the fewer sats screen, it will show you which eye on the lnb is picking it up and if it is picking up 72 at all. 61.5 should be in the 3rd block and 72.7 in the second. If it is, you are real close and just need to fine tune to bring in 72 and 77. If 61.5 is in either of the first 2, raise the elevation a degree or 2 and try again

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)