Need Advice, recievers shut off

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you read E*'s rules, they REQUIRE a PERMANENT land-based phone(and a VoIP does NOT count, even though it SOMETIMES will work) connected to ALL receivers active on your account. The reason for this is to PREVENT fraudulent use. Having E*'s service means, knowingly or not(and it IS up to the CUSTOMER to read their rules and terms of service), that you agreed to this provision. So, they have a right to protect against this. Granted, it may not be the best way to do it, but it is what it is. I haven't had a land based phone line for 8 years. They can audit me anytime they want(of course, I am only using 1 receiver right now for E*, so I doubt it would hit me). They normally only target 4 or more receivers on 1 account. This is one of the biggest reasons for the waiver of the additional tuner fees on the 322/522/625/942s.

Why don't you just cancel you service, or if you don't play there game they will do it for you! Get a life

I called today to try and activate the other 2 receivers that are at my house, the CSR said she couldn't get to that screen and transferred me to the audit people, I got disconnected before I was able to talk to them, anyone have any ideas as to what to do next? Would an email to ceo help me out or should I have my wife create an account?

Once the audit dept has turned off receivers they will be the ONLY ones that can reactivate.

OoTLink said:
To my discovery, it turns out that dish network actually DOES go and do "phone audits" -- where they call and force you to verify that all your receivers are in your house. That is mandatory, for any receivers which you can't "verify" in a "timely fashion" are "terminated". -- aka disabled...

Apparently such is a "minor offense" and can easily be fixed, but I think several things about this, one being invasion of privacy, the other being flaming rude. If someone called me and reported that they were going to audit me, I'm rather sure I'd chuckle, tell them that such is invasion of my privacy, provide them with the appropriate info, then ask to speak to their manager to cancel my account.

Nuff said. The boxes already stay plugged in and report all sorts of things behind my back over the phone lines, why should I be held at liberty to stop whatever I'm doing and go check the TVs around the house to make sure that I'm paying them "enough"?

So this thread, I was thinking of some humorous ways to tell off those pesky auditors! No laughing matter, you say? I digress! :D

1. Laugh them out, then hang up
2. Ask for them to verify that they're actually a dish network employee and audit their age/employee number and possibly location (maybe even SSN, since dishnet knows that about you!) -- since you shouldn't trust them if they don't trust you.
3. Tell them to do the physically impossible with the satellites and said receivers. :yes
4. Make them walk you through to get the code, screw up every time (go to point dish, blare the EEEEEEEEE into the phone, oops sorry! I thought you said point dish!)
5. Say the numbers/letters wrong and keep correcting them, ask them to verify each time.

I dunno, maybe it isn't funny.. but shoot, I dunno.. it makes me mad too.. I needed to subdue my disappointment/anger in such a company to not trust their customers, it'd be like your ISP calling you and verifying the MAC address of every computer on your network, or wal-mart patting you down before leaving the store "just to make sure you're not stealing from us" -- just rude, totally unappreciative. I don't give a damn if they 'lose money' over such a thing because they could make their own damn ways to 'verify where the receivers are' if they weren't so petty.

Your comment about WalMart, reminds me of shopping at Sam's Club. Everybody is a thief and you're not leaving the store till they look at your receipt and contents of your cart.

rnesky said:
Why don't you just cancel you service, or if you don't play there game they will do it for you! Get a life

Wow! what an attitude!

The guy is simply asking for advice... if you don't have anything good to add to the conversation, then save your reply for some other occasion.

People do the same thing with a receiver in there rv. It is no different what you are doing. I don't think they should have a problem as long as it is hooked to a phone line at the cottage and it is your cottage. Ask the CSR how people with RV's get to do the same thing!

Frank Solich said:
Your comment about WalMart, reminds me of shopping at Sam's Club. Everybody is a thief and you're not leaving the store till they look at your receipt and contents of your cart.

When you agree to a Sam's membership, you agree to allow them to do that. If you don't like it, you don't have to shop there. I have seen people trying to steal from those places just like everywhere else. 2-3% of bad apples make it hard for the rest of us. Or the old adage about a locked door keeping an honest person honest.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)