Need help finding the right Sat

hrhagen

Original poster
Jun 30, 2010
south eastern montana
A couple weeks ago a tornado hit a couple miles from my house and broke my dishpro twin lnbf and blew my satellite out of alignment. i bought a new lnbf and installed it. i was able to find satellite 119 and it found sat 129 i need to find 110 and 119. does anyone have any ideas on how i can find 110.

You can go to one of the satellite finder web sites and put your zip code in. It'll give you the elevation to set your dish at.

Then move it around until you locate that satellite. Put a mark on your pole when you get it right. And put the elevation angle next to the mark. You'll easily be able to find it again.

I made a chart that I place under my dish when I'm pointing mine. That way I can find all the satellites. I either use a cheap meter or the meter built into the receiver to pinpoint satellites.

It works best if you place your tv as close to the dish as you can. That way you can see what you're doing and you don't waste so much effort taking footsteps. Make sure you lock everything down good when you're finished.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)