Need Help Installing Reiever in apartment

hondabike250r

Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
Eastern Washington
So here is the issue. I live at an apartment that offers dish network to ALL of it's tenants. We do not have receivers in any of our rooms so I'm guessing they are somewhere else. My parents had an extra dish network receiver at their house and said I could have it. I called the apartment office and asked if it was possible for me to plug in a receiver to the cable outlet on the wall, which happens to be sending 60 some channels to my tv. My thoughts were that if I plugged it in, it would somehow be able to pick up on the signals coming from the satellite dishes here at the apartment complex. I guess what I am asking from you guys is if this is possible at all for me to do...and if so how would I go about setting it up. I have the receiver at my apartment right now. The model for the receiver is DISH 301 DishPro SD Interactive TV One-TV Single-Tuner IR Residential Receiver.

Also...I am thinking there may be in issue with the fact that the receiver is residential and we are probably receiving commercial satellite signals.

Please send me an email at hondabike250r@msn.com with any ideas or instructions. I'm not good with forums so I have no clue when people will catch on to this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)