Need Help - Macintosh video to Pocketdish

mrhoni

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2006
I'm having trouble getting my video to be recognized on the Pocketdish AV500e. I have the latest firmware on it.

I have files that seem to be .MP4, but looking closer I also see they were coded as H.264.

First I just copied them and they were not recognized at all by the Video menu, but could be seen in the browser and I'm pretty sure the H.264 is the cause. I think these files I built for the ipod video, but now I want to get them on the Pocketdish.

So, next I purchased Quicktime Pro and converted them to .AVI (format is Apple Cinepak as seen in Quicktime show movie info). The Video menu shows the video and will start to open the file, but then gives an error "Cannot play video! please check".

I hope there is someone out there that has had success converting these movies and can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

thanks a bunch.

"MPEG-4 SP with B-Frames with stereo sound. Near DVD quality up to 720x480 @ 30 f/s (NTSC), 720x576 @ 25 f/s (PAL), AVI file format (including WMV9 SP protected files) up to 352x288 @ 30 f/s and 800 Kbits

(7) MPEG-4 SP with B-Frames AVI (MPEG-4: ISO standard by Moving Picture Experts Group; AVI: audio/video file container by Microsoft) up to 720x480@30f/s NTSC or 720x576@25f/s PAL; has not been certified by DivX, Inc., may not read all DivX® 4.0 & 5.0 files; does not read DivX® 3.11 & 6.0 files; DivX® registered trade mark of DivXNetworks, Inc."

http://pocketdish.com/700_tech_specs.jsp

Make sure when you convert to avi that it falls with in the specs-
AVI file format (including WMV9 SP protected files) up to 352x288 @ 30 f/s and 800 Kbits

That is just a guess of what your trouble may be. This is kind of funny seeing the new mac commercials saying how they are made for this kind of thing and that pc's have a hard time with it.

Best of luck. Let us know if you figure it out. Also if you can, try wmv format. Might have better luck with it.

thanks for responding but I need someone to post how they did it.

I'm still playing with Quicktime Pro and various settings but this is more than I understand exactly what to pick with all the choices Quicktime presents.

DivX was the only file type that worked. It was a real pain it took hours. Now I only used the built-in video capture, it's real time but I know it will work.

That was it. I got the Divx codec for Quicktime Pro and was then able to Export as Divx, when after copied to the Pocketdish, the movie played.

Also, in my iMac G5 it did not take hours, it was about real time speed + 30%

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)