Need help modifying Dish 500 for FTA

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bob you did not say what kind of Q you were getting on 72W. What type of programming is on the NBC mux? I have a 500 parked on 101 W and 125 W. Working well on both but I do lose some signal in the evening on 101 - not sure why.

UPDATE! Pixl, if you are still following this I did the freecycle thing and got a primestar yesterday :cool: The conditions were I had to take a small Directv dish as well and remove all poles. The primestar pole had a big concrete base but I finally got it out with a pull from a truck. Should be worth it if the LNB works after sitting there for more than 10 years. As for my 4 foot VSAT the LNB does work well but the dish is so heavy and with the mount style its really only good for one satellite. I may end up experimenting with a C band LNB on it now that I have 4 dishes :D

Bob,

Glad to hear you dish project is working out well.
I'm especially glad to hear you took my advice and scored a PrimeStar dish from The Freecycle Network

Bob you did not say what kind of Q you were getting on 72W. What type of programming is on the NBC mux? I have a 500 parked on 101 W and 125 W. Working well on both but I do lose some signal in the evening on 101 - not sure why.

It fluctuates between 70 and 90 and only has issues if Q drops below 50. So far I have seen the NBC national feed, MSNBC and CNBC with a fourth channel that is blank. At 11pm just the MSNBC feed was there then the NBC feed came back at 11:30 for the Tonight Show. Other threads on this satellite talk about The Weather Channel appearing in the fourth spot occasionally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.