Need help modifying Dish 500 for FTA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Bob you did not say what kind of Q you were getting on 72W. What type of programming is on the NBC mux? I have a 500 parked on 101 W and 125 W. Working well on both but I do lose some signal in the evening on 101 - not sure why.

UPDATE! Pixl, if you are still following this I did the freecycle thing and got a primestar yesterday :cool: The conditions were I had to take a small Directv dish as well and remove all poles. The primestar pole had a big concrete base but I finally got it out with a pull from a truck. Should be worth it if the LNB works after sitting there for more than 10 years. As for my 4 foot VSAT the LNB does work well but the dish is so heavy and with the mount style its really only good for one satellite. I may end up experimenting with a C band LNB on it now that I have 4 dishes :D

Bob,

Glad to hear you dish project is working out well.
I'm especially glad to hear you took my advice and scored a PrimeStar dish from The Freecycle Network

Bob you did not say what kind of Q you were getting on 72W. What type of programming is on the NBC mux? I have a 500 parked on 101 W and 125 W. Working well on both but I do lose some signal in the evening on 101 - not sure why.

It fluctuates between 70 and 90 and only has issues if Q drops below 50. So far I have seen the NBC national feed, MSNBC and CNBC with a fourth channel that is blank. At 11pm just the MSNBC feed was there then the NBC feed came back at 11:30 for the Tonight Show. Other threads on this satellite talk about The Weather Channel appearing in the fourth spot occasionally.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts