Need help-Nightmare 622 install

bigtimber

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Oct 3, 2003
big timber
A couple weeks ago a friend that I signed up with Dish had the 622 installed. He has had nothing but problems since then. Installer has returned to his residence 3 times after the install, spending most time on the roof with the dish. All seems to no avail.

I will get to what the problem is now. When the installer leaves- all seems to work fine. Then a day or two later he seems to loose about half of his channels. When I check for signal strength, it shows that he has a very weak signal or no signal at all on many of the transponders. I then do a switch test and it seems to work ok for a couple days and then it goes out again (same as before). A switch test seems to clear up the problem for a day or two. All the signal loss appears to be on the super dish as he doesn't seems to loose signal on 148 locals. I have also done a cold boot and it doesn't seem to help. It also appears to be much more sluggish in channel changes from the original install.

I would appreciate any feedback from all. It would appear that this problem stems from the super dish, but not sure. Or could it be the receiver? Help!!!

It does sound like the SD is out of tune, how is it mounted? If its up on the roof is the area its mounted to bouncy when you walk on it? Are the lags holding it down snug or can you easily turn them with a wrench? If its on a pole can you grab the pole and twist it in the ground with one hand? What is the signal strength on all sats after the check switch? What kind of switch is in place?

The installer used a DPP 44 switch. Dish was installed and attached to the facia board on the house. The signal strength is around 65-70 on 110 and 119 and around 60 with 129 and 80 on the 148, located next to the SD (when he finishes repointing). Installer states that it has a solid mounting to the facia board, and I know he has been installing for 6 years or more. I live a couple blocks away and get a signal in the 80's and 90's on my dish 500. What I can't understand is why it can be temporarily corrected with a switch test.

bigtimber said:
Installer states that it has a solid mounting to the facia board, and I know he has been installing for 6 years or more.

That is the way mine is mounted. I had to add additional bracing. It would keep sagging loosing alignment. Make sure that is not the problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts