Need help on a 322 installation...

riski

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 7, 2004
One of our installers had a 4 TV 2 322 install last Sat. All but one of the TV's work fine. The TV that does not work is TV2 and is a big screen RCA. When I went to the house yesterday it seemed that the RCA was not accepting the UHF channel 60 frequency. Tried changing to another frequency and same result. Took the line outs and switched them and got a sig at both TV's with TV 2 now being tuned to channel 3. We are using his line in to TV 2 which is RG59. Any thoughts as to why no sig on UHF for this TV? We got the same result with a poetable TV at that location. Thanks...Riski

Simon, we tried that as well...to no avail. Would an inline amplifier affect the ability of the TV not to accept the UHF frequency on thed big screen? I have not checked with customer on that but someone else said if he does, put a barrel connector in place of the amp and/or an A/B switch and that should take care of it if he has an inline amp (forgot to ask that question).

Yeah - if the amp isn't rated for the band in question, that's gonna be a problem for sure.

If I read the thread right, you know the cable is good because you can send the x22's TV1 output down the wire OK. We also know the x22's TV2 output is good by testing it 'locally'. All that leaves is some device (splitter, amp) in the mix that can't handle the UHF band.

Check the TV to see if it has separate UHF and VHF antenna inputs. If it does, you'll need a transformer to convert it to 75 ohms.

mrschwarz said:
Check the TV to see if it has separate UHF and VHF antenna inputs. If it does, you'll need a transformer to convert it to 75 ohms.
Don't you mean, "If it does, you'll need a VHF/UHF splitter"? Or perhaps you meant 300 ohms instead of 75?

TV2 is a 75-ohm signal, just like any other satellite RF output; most UHF-only leads are 300 ohms, including outputs of VHF/UHF splitters. You'd only need a transformer if one side of the UHF-only feed (from VHF/UHF splitter to TV) is 300 ohms while the other is 75 ohms; that's highly unlikely.

Given that it's a big-screen TV and they don't say it's an "oldie", I'd say the bad-amp theory is more likely.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts