Need Help...screen being cut off...Pioneer Elite Pro-510

techguru408

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Sep 10, 2007
I was wondering if anyone can help me out. I have a Pioneer Elite PRO-510 HD television and the screen is cut off. For example when watching Football games the score along the top is cut off. The television does not have a consumer screen adjustment in HD.......any help or resources or qualified help would be great!

I am using the 16:9 HD screen input. i have tried to change the output from the DISH receiver to a different size but it does not help. :(

I am using the 16:9 HD screen input. i have tried to change the output from the DISH receiver to a different size but it does not help. :(

Techguru,

Which Dish receiver are you using? If you are using a Dish HD Receiver, you can use the "*" button on the Dish remote that will change the Screen format. If you are using a Dish HD receiver this will solve your problem. If you are still using a Standard Definition receiver you can NOT alter the output of the Dish receiver.

Be sure you set the appropriate screen setting on your TV. There is likely a Zoom or scaling feature you might have altered.

John

Last edited:
No its set at Normal. It is the TV as i cuts off the top of the Xbox360 screen too. I have another DLP set that has the option to change the screen location and size but the Pioneer does not have this option.

I know you can go into the service screens to do the adjustments but I do not know what screen or what to change as the service screens are not labelled.

Anyone know of any good service people in the Md area that may help?

guys...the definitive word about this:

on the pioneer x10 and x20 series crt RPTVs, there is a sizing and imaging center problem, which is in place due to the factory. All of these displays are missing 2"? inches of along the top edge of the display.

the fix:

1. hire a good crt tech....I doubt of Pioneer will be able to assist directly.
or
2. If you attempt to do this your self, be prepared for a non functioning display (or at least a worsened condition)....it is a real bear to work on.

The tech will need to feed the TV a 1080i reference signal...a HD signal from a BD player could work as a back up, though a proper signal generator is best. The image would then be resized. Then you would have to rework the geometry. then rework the convergence. One of the problems, is that when the resizing is corrected, the internal convergence grid will no longer show the top 2- 3 inches of the screen, so again you will need to put a proper externally generated pattern onto the screen.

an easier work around would be to feed the display a scaled down image off of a PC. A older lumagen processor would also work.

Good luck

Gregg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts