Need Help troubleshooting Pro 500 lnb

donsig

Original poster
Jun 18, 2006
I have a 522 receiver hooked to Pro 500 DPP (110 and 119) dish. I am only getting system 2 inputs, nothing on system 1. I replaced the separator but no go. Check switch shows:

Input 1 Input 2
port 1 2 3 1 2 3
Sat con con con 119 110 x
trans x x x ok ok x
device twin twin n.c. twin twin n.c.
status Reception error reception verified
switch DPP Twin w/ separator DPP Twin w/ separator

How do I determine if my problem is the receiver or the lnb (with internal switch)?

If you replaced the DP separator then my next replacement would be the DPP LNB. Because it looks like you have rec on tuner 2 but not 1 so that's my opinion, any other takers?

Thanks, certainly is the least expensive route for now. I was wondering if there is a voltage test for the two inputs that might shed some light.

Problems in the line can just as easily cause this.Just yesterday I fixed this issue with a customer as they had a low frequency barrel in the line that eventually began to burn out.Here is a list of things to check for as they can be the problem.

-Low frequency barrel
-RG59 coaxial cable
-loose or incorrectly installed fitting
-corroded fitting or stinger likely due to water damage
-bad ground block
-excessive bend or kink in line
-damage to line
-bad diplexer(Skywalker is prone to this)

These are least expensive than replacing an lnbf.
If possible do a hot drop from lnbf directly to reciever and you will know if it is in the line or not.

Stealth:

Did a direct drop from the DPP LNB, by passing the separator, into Input 1 and got nothing. Did the same into Input 2 and got both sats 119 and 110. Not sure how the switch works with DPP so would one side of the switch work and other not? OR, is it the receiver?

it would have to be the reciever.If you ran a direct line to Input 1 from the LNBF and got nothing and it worked on port 2 it has to be the reciever

Yep, must be the receiver...did a hard reset and nothing on input 1. So does the "switch" in the lnb does not control what goes to the inputs but rather the switching from one sat to the other?

Nope.It would be the same as running 2 line directly from the LNBF.It doesnt care what input it goes in.It should work in either.

However it does not work to run 2 single tuning boxes off a seperator cause there is no DPP single tuner(just a side note) but if your running to a dual tuner its the same as 2 independant lines from the LNBF

I am getting 19.57 volts out of input 2 and 19.37 out of input 1 - should the voltages be the same?

I am getting 19.57 volts out of input 2 and 19.37 out of input 1 - should the voltages be the same?

There never goin to be exactly the same.Im not sure what there -/+ is for the inputs but most electronics are at around -.5/+.5 so that variance should definetly be fine.But the voltage being fine doesnt justify the reciever nput is good.The input has to be bad

Thanks a lot for all your help. Now trying to decide to upgrade to a 722 or buy a rebuilt 522 or 625.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts