Need help understanding reception of locals

Chad

Original poster
Nov 7, 2003
I live in Baton Rouge, LA, and have been "patiently" waiting for my locals to come online. I haven't read about Baton Rouge, but, Monroe, LA, and New Orleans, LA are coming online soon according to Dish. My question is, Will I be able to get any of these cities? New Orleans is about 85 miles and Monroe a little further. I do not know if statute miles is the determining factor or something else. Dish could not give me a yes or no. My next question if I can receive one of these locals is will I need a second dish. I currently have a Dish 500 setup with a series 4000 and a 721. Anyone having knowledge of Baton Rouge locals becoming available or can answer my questions, Thanks!

As locals go, the country is divided up into Designated Market Areas or DMA's. Dish one by one adds DMA's as satellite space alows, and agreements with the local broadcasters, etc...

New Orleans, Baton Rouge, and Monroe are all different DMA's. Your best bet is to wait and see.. noone really knows when a city will launch except those on the inside.. deep inside. If your area is timed to launch, contact a retailer or the RSP in your area, they will most likely know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts