Need help w/ DishPro Lband set up

AstroTV

Original poster
May 7, 2009
jACKSONVILLE, fl
Hope somone can help here. I have a 17 story high rise building w 8 Apartments on each floor. Approx 6 years ago we installed a 110/119 L Band system and had very few problems over the years. Now we have just installed an Eastern Arc Dish on the roof and have fed the 3 lines from the Dish down to the 1st floor. Tonight- I was cutting in the DishPro 34 switches and discoverd that power MUST be on all the time on all switches on port 1. Well if the customer switches off the power to the receiver on the first DP in line- it shuts down all the rest of the DP's signal all the way down to the last floor. Anyone know if we can make a power inserter for the 20V going into the DP34 or is there another way to make this work? Thanks:)

I think I've been able to power my DP34 from any port. But you are right, if there is no power on any port, the feedthrough doesn't work. (Mine is connected to a DPP33.) One cheap workaround is to use a DishPro legacy adapter. It doesn't need anything plugged in on the receiver side in order to power the DP34.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)