Need help with camper setup

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

sprintcarcrazy

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Dec 18, 2003
I currently have E service and take two receivers camping with us. I have altered the cable arrangements.

I have two incoming cables from the outside. One terminates on the AUX side of an amplified antenna, the other cable hooks to a diplexer and runs into a bedroom/diplexer #2 so both can share the outside antenna.

I have a Direct TV Dual LNB Dish on a tripod I have been using, one of the smaller ones but it is hard to aim, especially with trees in the mix so I want to upgrade to a Dish 500. I will only be pointing at 119 so I will get the I-Bracket from Dish Store.
Will the Diplexers work with Dish Pro or do I need to stay legacy for the new LNB ?
Also, since I am only hitting 119, is a Dual LNB ok to use with the I-Bracket ?

I suggest you get a dual LNB and catch both 110 & 119. Dish is shuffling around the channels and you cannot count on your channels of interest remaining on 119. You may wish to wait a month and buy a Dish 500+ instead. Slightly larger. Little difference in aiming, adding 110 to the mix.

Diplexers should work fine with Pro. I assume your STBs will work with Pro.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)