Need help with failed 921 hard drive!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Rob Relf

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Hi, the hard drive on my 921 started clicking and the machine won't boot any longer. I removed the drive and tried to pull the contents off with Ghost to put on an identical drive I already have, but no luck. The drive is still in warranty and I have received an rma from Maxtor but I am still in a pickle. I have lost several shows I wanted to see and I understand you can't just put a new drive in a 921 and have it work. Does anyone have a Ghost image of a working 921 drive so I can get this thing jumpstarted? I appreciate any help or suggestions.

Rob

Sorry, I should have been more detailed. The drive continued to click while connected to my PC and now it is not even recognized by the bios so I am afraid it is beyond any do-it-yourself recovery.

Rob

I wouldn't say so - the click is a sign of unparking problem; often borrowing a PCB from same working disk give you plenty of time to do Ghosting.
Ask your IT ppl , they should know how to deal with it; or stop by at DriveSavers, Ontrack and other similar companies.
Wait a sec, actually I saw at Yahoo Dishmod group someone offer DVD with all the data for restore 721/921.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)