This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Need help with Vip 922Duo

Henry Sanchez

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 25, 2015
California, USA
Hello Satellite Guys community, i need your help with my 922, i just bought it about a week ago, i have 3 satellite dishes (77 W, 119 W and 129 W), with cal-amp Lnb's, and 2 SW-31 for combine them, but, when i go to point dish menú on the receiver, i can't find the option: dish 300,dish 500, superdish, etcétera.
The point is when i select Check Switch, the system start to count from 0 to 38 steps, and the result is system only find 119 W and 129 W Sats, but 77 W is missing.

Before 922, i had Vip 222 receiver, with the same satellite dishes and everything mentioned above, and the receiver was working with 3 satellites without any problems. Now, i have 2 questions:

Do you think 922 won't work with this satellite dish configuration? do i need to install dishPro lnb's and DPP34 switch instead of Cal-Amps and SW-31?

I attached a pic of the screen.

I´ll appreciate your help with this issue.

Have a nice Day!!!

Attachments

• 20150325_074637.jpg
    775.9 KB · Views: 243
Yes... It does.. But i don't know why does not recognize the third satellite (77W). As i mentioned, with vip 222 receiver, everything work perfect.

With Legacy LNBs you can't feed a SW21 into another SW21. Are you sure they are both SW21s are you sure it worked before with 3 satellites?

I think you need DishProPlus LNB's and switches for 922's and Hoppers.

I think you are going to be missing a lot of channels by not having 110 in there as well. You might want to think about going either WA (110,119,129) or EA (61.5,72,77) only. And like JSheridan stated, I am pretty sure that the 922 and up just work with DPP equipment. Which means you will need a DPP44 switch, or a DPP33 if you can find one, to hook those dishes to.

Hi boba, the switch that i'm using is SW-31.. I use 2 of them because 922 is dual tuner.
Sorry DISH doesn't make SW31s I assumed it was a typo. Being you are located in Mexico I didn't take into consideration the other products you may have available.

But i don't know why does not recognize the third satellite (77W). As i mentioned, with vip 222 receiver, everything work perfect.

Did you let it download the software?
I've seen 922s that won't recognize 77 with a 1000.4 ea lnb until it is has downloaded and another checkswitch is run

Reactions: ChadT41
Okay guys... Thanks for your comments.. I'll download the software as you say.
I have a dummy question... How can i perform the software update?? I been reading your post that i need to connect sat 119 only, and then perform the software update.. Is there a hidden menú or something to do that?

When I first got my 922 I had the eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish. It kept looking for 119 sat so I had to plug it into the 119 sat for the initial check switch run . Once I got that done, it downloaded the software the next step. After I got the software downloaded, I was able to hook it back to eastern arc 1000.4 sat dish and ran another check switch run to get all three sats in my matrix. I then was able to get it authorized by DISH and was up and running. I had the same problem with my hopper and the hopper with sling. So I just put up a side sat dish for 119 only and hooked it into my 1000.4 sat dish permanently. So no matter what new receiver comes up , it will always have 119 sat to take the initial software download without any issues.

What's Up Guys, i'm here once again, i want to tell to all of you that the procedure didn't work.
I did everything last night, hook up 119 only, perform check switch, and i let the receiver updating all night. I wake up in the morning, hook up 3 satellite dishes, perform check switch, and the same problem persist... 77W still missing on matrix...

Do yo think i need to change Cal-amp Lnb's and install DP Lnb's and DPP33-34 Switch?