Help with 1000.2

07psdcrew

Original poster
May 10, 2021
Ashby Ma
Hello all. I installed a dish 1000.2 with a wa LNB on the roof of my garage about 3 years ago. At my camp, I use an eastern arc LNB installed also 3 years ago. I mostly use dish in my camp and pause service over winter. Occasionally, I bring the box home and set it up to use.
Well, I did that recently and found I have a complete signal loss on 119. 110 comes in at 72-75 on the 110 LNB. I found this out by covering the two outside lnb’s, I lost 110 and still had no signal on 119. Checked all cable connections etc. What is new, is it seems that I may now have a tree in my way. But I’m not sure if it’s the tree close by on MY property, or the tree across the street on the neighbors property. (Lower, but way further away) My question after filling in some details here is what or where exactly would LOS need to be for 01431? Is it above the dish? Straight ahead of the dish? According to the app I’m using, the satellites are in the clear…..but not by much. The azimuth has the dish tilted to the right, and the “top” of the dish would likely be blocked by tree. I thought signals would be coming in from the left though?

Take you your phone and open the camera. Put it against the arm (near the reflector) looming out toward the lnb and try your best to match the angle of the arm. Take a picture. In the picture if there is anything at all above the lnb in the picture (even to the right or left) then it can be blocking signal.
The 119 should be pretty much center area of the picture.