Need New Satellite For New HD Channels??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

The Harrington

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 3, 2006
NYC/Lehigh Valley, PA
So last night I was forced to watch US v. Canada on MSNBC in standard def. Posted this on Olympics forum here at Satellite Guys and a couple of people told me they had they same programming package and had game in HD. I contacted Dish via chat a short while ago and was told the following:

"(04-03rf) Corey R. HZ2: You will need a new dish in order to get the 9 new HD channels we launched the price to have the new dish installed would be $95."

Can anyone provide me any more info on this? Could I do this install myself given I have "moved"?

Thanks.

TH

You either need a western arc dish for 1000.2 or you need an eastern arc dish for 1000.4 . Depending on where your locals are and on what sat . IF you have to , you can "move" back to your real home to get the install and then "move " again to get the locals you want.

As for the install , it is pretty easy to install a western arc dish , but for the eastern arc dish , it takes a bit more time. I did both of my installs for both east and west arcs. I used the directions that came with the dish itself I bought on line at an online dish retailer and used a cheap $20.00 sat meter . I am a "mover" as well.

MSNBC wasn't one of the new HD channels added. It's been available for sometime on 61.5 and 129.

You may have an authorization issue if your already pointed at one of these 2.

As for the 9 new channels you only need a new dish if your not already receiving 129 or 72

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts