Need some help...with an older system.

eddiegreysherman

Original poster
May 9, 2004
Ok,

We have a Model 4000 Dish Reciever as the base unit and a Phillips (not too sure of the model) unit. Dish 500 dish and 2 SW 21 switches.

The problem is: When we go to guide or change channels on the Model 4000 the other one will lose signal. The units have been working for years and have just started doing this. Could it be a signal issue? Or...a switch issue because it didn't start until we converted over to Dish 500.

Has anyone seen this before? What can we do?

Thanks in advance,
Eddie

Sounds like a setup issue. What LNB (or LNB's) do you have?

Here is a link to some installation info on the e* site...

http://www.dishnetwork.com/content/products/installation/install_diagrams/index.shtml

For those posters that can't read Eddie states he has a Dish 500 with two SW-21 the only combination this will appear with is 2 Legacy dual LNBFs. Eddie if you push sys. info on the remote control or menu 6-1-3 on the Philips the first line displays the model number probably a 2700/2800/3700. The guess I would make is your 4000 is the only receiver putting out voltage to the LNBFs. The Philips may be outputting voltage but the switch or cable is blocking it from getting to the LNBFs and powering them. At the SW-21s switch the single cables and see if the problem changes receivers. It could be problems with the switches especially if they were left exposed after adding the dish 500. How long have you had the dish 500?

Thanks for this information guys. I posted this for my dad so I'm not really positive of all the details.

I'll have to get online from his house and get back with you guys on the details. Thanks again fellas!

keep the info coming in the meantime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)