Need to Extend Satellite Cable.

jokeworm

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 29, 2006
Tulsa. Ok.
Getting a new TV delivered this afternoon and we have decided to switch around the Den a little at the same time. Only problem i can foresee is that the Satellite cable currently enters the home right behind the current tv .. and runs maybe 3-4 ft to the receiver.

The new location would mean that i would need an extra 15-20ft of cable .. What is the easiest/cheapest/best way to get the extra cable ?

Would a splitter work .. then extra cable to the new location .. or is there something else out there that i should be looking for when i visit radio shack this afternoon ?

(cable is going to run to a 622 if that helps anything)

Thanks in advance guys.

:)

Get this from Dish Depot or other source, but this allows you to simply add additional length to your existing cable.

High Frequency F-81 Connectors

Price : $39.99. Now $24.99 Quantity
0_203image0.jpg
3 GHz, Bag of 100 High Frequency Connectors.

Does the cable come from a Wall Plate? Or does it just come thought the wall or floor straight to the receiver?? If it runs from a wall plate, then all you would need is to buy a longer piece of RG-6 cable. If it doesn't run from a wall plate, then like RandallA said, make sure you get a good barrel connector, which unless they started carrying them lately, you most likely won't be able to buy at your Radio Shack

Does the cable come from a Wall Plate?

Where were you a few hours ago ;)

After i pulled everything out and took a look at exactly what i needed .. i had one of those "DOH!' moments.

You are correct ... it did come in via a wall plate .. so 25ft of cable was all i needed.

I love to try and complicate things ... :D:D

On a side note ... New Tv is here and installed .. and hooked up to 622, DVD Player, PC, and Dlink Media Player ... speakers have been moved around the room and computer modems have been moved to get connections to 622 and "media Center" PC.

Took a while .. but i can see a light at the end of the tunnel.

My Den is beginning to resemble a place that I'd want to be again ... rather than an overflow storage room.

Thanks for the replies guys - much appreciated.

:)

Dish Plus mounting question

ALL VOOM TO GO MPEG4 AUGUST 15th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)