Need VIP 722 IR repeater

mangles

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
I have been looking for a reliable IR to UHF repeater for my 722 DVR. Dish had a system call the "IR to UHF Pro Remote Control Upgrade kit", but this was discontinued a few years ago. I have seen a few sold on Ebay for around $100 bucks. Some satellite web stores still list this repeater for around $48, but have no inventory. Sadoun Satellite Sales is an example.

Does anyone know of another reliable repeater for Dish IR or a good source for the discontinued unit. FYI. I use dual mode, so I am already using the UHF side of my existing remote control for the SD side of my receiver.

thanks,
mike angles
san jose, ca.

What exactly are you trying to do? UHF can be used for both TV1 and TV2 if you need to go through walls/cabinets/etc, you just need to buy an extra 22.0 UHF remote. Ebay for $10 or so, just make sure you get the TV1/TV2 "keys" with it.

If you want to use a non-dish ir remote to control the receiver, then most third party remote extenders should work.

Last edited:
Perhaps I am missing something here. My configuration is with a 722 in dual mode such that my UHF remote controls the SD side of the DVR and IR is used on the HD side. Since I need to pass through walls that are rather close, my issue is just a line of slight one for the IR side of the DVR. If I am understanding the above replies, you are saying I can configure both receivers in this DVR for their own individual UHF channels. This is something I had assumed was not possible in that I had to use IR for one side and UHF for the second receiver in the DVR. I will try re configuring the IR side of the DVR for RF to see if this can be done.

My remotes are 20.0 and 21.1 units with #1 keys installed. Furthermore, they are programmed for IR on the Sat button and UHF on the Aux button, such that one remote control operates both sides of the DVR.

Go to Walmart, buy a 21.1 IR/UHF remote, keep key in 1 position, but lift battery cover and change to UHF. Bring up system info, and change your TV1 remote address to anything uncommon(not 1), and hit record 3 times. It should now say Tv1 IR/UHF. Advantage to all boxes that have any UHF capability after the 522

Perhaps I am missing something here. My configuration is with a 722 in dual mode such that my UHF remote controls the SD side of the DVR and IR is used on the HD side. Since I need to pass through walls that are rather close, my issue is just a line of slight one for the IR side of the DVR. If I am understanding the above replies, you are saying I can configure both receivers in this DVR for their own individual UHF channels. This is something I had assumed was not possible in that I had to use IR for one side and UHF for the second receiver in the DVR. I will try re configuring the IR side of the DVR for RF to see if this can be done.

My remotes are 20.0 and 21.1 units with #1 keys installed. Furthermore, they are programmed for IR on the Sat button and UHF on the Aux button, such that one remote control operates both sides of the DVR.

You can definitely control your 2nd tuner (SD "side") with another 21.0 or 21.1 remote. Been doing it for years with both my 722 & 722K. Walmart does seem to have them now but the last I looked they were at least twice what you can pick one up on Ebay for.

Ed

New Customer Promotional Offer

Super Joey locking up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)