NESN Is Hd Full Time

donjoy44

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 23, 2006
Charlie had stated in his last broadcast, the reason we couldnt get our local sport affiliate in hd was because they did not broadcast everything on the channel in HD only certain games and such. I just learned last night that NESN is HD fulltime and was wondering would that make it elligible to be on dish in HD. Comcast has it as well as Cox. Also it seems to me that the feed is bad from NESN because it being reverted back to SD. Any comments on this subject?

Don't worry the rumor I hear is that NESN HD is coming this fall. :)

Remember at Team Summit they announced 11 regional HD channels would be coming to Dish in the fall, and the rest would be available by Spring.

if that is true, than you will see an upsurge in hd sales. what I don't like is when espn show's the red sox in hd but we are blacked out. I know it's a territorial sitution but it stinks. I also hope if nesnhd comes in the fall, its not after the baseball season. thanks Scott for the update

did anyone hear Remdawg say NESN is always HD now so he can watch the replay of the game on his new 70 inch sony

NESN is definitely not full time HD. Do you really think the crap they fill air time with, like fishing shows and poker, are truly broadcast in HD. The Sox games are, when I had Comcast, I thought the INHD broadcast from NESN feed was one of the best quality pictures I have seen. As for Remy and his buddie Orsillo, they make Phil Rizutto look nuetral. I like the Sox, but those 2 clowns make games unbearable with their one sided reporting. Please, babbling on about Varitek, hitting 250, as the all -star catcher when he's hitting 120 pts. lower than the Twin's catcher. I know the home team pays your salaries, but try to be intelligent.

putterboy said:
NESN is definitely not full time HD. Do you really think the crap they fill air time with, like fishing shows and poker, are truly broadcast in HD. The Sox games are, when I had Comcast, I thought the INHD broadcast from NESN feed was one of the best quality pictures I have seen. As for Remy and his buddie Orsillo, they make Phil Rizutto look nuetral. I like the Sox, but those 2 clowns make games unbearable with their one sided reporting. Please, babbling on about Varitek, hitting 250, as the all -star catcher when he's hitting 120 pts. lower than the Twin's catcher. I know the home team pays your salaries, but try to be intelligent.

Have you ever seen another teams broadcast, let say the White Sox or Yankees?

All local announcers are like that NESN's are hardly the worst.

WOW!

Great News. I'm hoping SNY is one of them..... (Probably one of those for the spring since they won't carry any games until the Mets start playing again in 2007)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Don't worry the rumor I hear is that NESN HD is coming this fall. :)

Remember at Team Summit they announced 11 regional HD channels would be coming to Dish in the fall, and the rest would be available by Spring.

Scott do you know what the other 10 RSNs will be?

donjoy44 said:
Charlie had stated in his last broadcast, the reason we couldnt get our local sport affiliate in hd was because they did not broadcast everything on the channel in HD only certain games and such. I just learned last night that NESN is HD fulltime and was wondering would that make it elligible to be on dish in HD. Comcast has it as well as Cox. Also it seems to me that the feed is bad from NESN because it being reverted back to SD. Any comments on this subject?

In a word, Charlie lies. He will use anything as an excuse he can.

donjoy44 said:
That is NOT what Charlie said. The jist of his remarks were that they would be adding the RSN's soon and the first ones they would add were the ones that broadcast in HD most of the them. The emphasis is on HD content, the more a RSN has the more likely it is to be added.

So does this mean that those 11 channels will be available nationwide?? That would be badass, I've wanted NESN for a long time. Being a NE sports fan and living in PA, I don't get to catch many games unless they play a local team or they are on ESPN

No im pretty sure that they will only be avaliable to people in the region just as the RSNs are now. Although if you get MLB Extra Innings im sure the HD feed will come with that.

FSN Detroit is going to start some HD broadcasts this month with Tigers baseball. Hopefully more shows will be added so then dish will pick it up.

Any chance this gets bumped up a little , now that directv has announced full time NESN, CSN Mid-Atlantic and CSN Chicago?

Fall would be a waste, I hope they try to get them up for the 2nd half of the baseball season.

The D* boys are putting the RSNs on spotbeams, so the Extra Innings people are out of luck. Hopefully Charlie won't do the same.....

Even so, it will be nice when SportsNet NY goes live and I can watch my Mets in HD.....

BobMurdoch said:
The D* boys are putting the RSNs on spotbeams, so the Extra Innings people are out of luck. Hopefully Charlie won't do the same.....

Even so, it will be nice when SportsNet NY goes live and I can watch my Mets in HD.....
E* has reserved space on the spotbeams for HD RSN, so expect the same.

Hart5150 said:
Any chance this gets bumped up a little , now that directv has announced full time NESN, CSN Mid-Atlantic and CSN Chicago?

Fall would be a waste, I hope they try to get them up for the 2nd half of the baseball season.

Dish traditionally picks up new stations AFTER their peak time of year when I suppose they're theoretically at their cheapest. Charles has to think he's getting a deal.:p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)