Netflix app refuses to allow connection, "cannot connect right now"

DougE

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
I click the Netflix app (touch blue bar, brings up many apps, including Netfllix. My member screen appears, and I choose movie selection. Movie loads, bringing up the start of the film when it stops, message appears "unable to connect right now, try other movie selection or try later" There is no Dish error number.
I have discussed this problem at least with Dish tech center, sorry check back in 48 hours to give us time to correct the problem. The first call was at least 8 weeks ago, faithfully checking the problem each 48 hours after the call to tech, consistent calls on a weekly basis, the same 48 hour answer wtth NO solution. Is there anyone else here having same problem? I have checked with Netflix, my ISP, each one sends me back to
DISH tech
My apologies for the lengthy question here, but I felt that Dirt members should have all of the facts to aid in fixing this problem.

[QUOTE="DougE, post: 3637364, member: 141]My apologies for the lengthy question here, but I felt that Dirt members should have all of the facts to aid in fixing this problem.[/QUOTE]

You are suffering from a misconception about DIRT. They ARE the ULTIMATE, CSR contacts, but they are not end all tech experts, especially when it come to third parties like Netlix. But they will certainly pass along your concerns IF you contact them directly.

What are your download speeds on the Hopper. Go to menu>Settings>network setup> tests> test. It will only give the download speed.

I had this issue on one of my boxes before,a couple days later I tried it again and had no problem. I would make sure it is getting nightly updates and try again.

Last edited:
I had this issue on one of my joeys' before,a couple days later I tried it again and had no problem. I would make sure it is getting nightly updates and try again.
Ummm, how could you have had THIS ISSUE with a couple of Joeys since Joeys are not Netflix capable, yet?

I click the Netflix app (touch blue bar, brings up many apps, including Netfllix. My member screen appears, and I choose movie selection. Movie loads, bringing up the start of the film when it stops, message appears "unable to connect right now, try other movie selection or try later" There is no Dish error number.
I have discussed this problem at least with Dish tech center, sorry check back in 48 hours to give us time to correct the problem. The first call was at least 8 weeks ago, faithfully checking the problem each 48 hours after the call to tech, consistent calls on a weekly basis, the same 48 hour answer wtth NO solution. Is there anyone else here having same problem? I have checked with Netflix, my ISP, each one sends me back to
DISH tech
My apologies for the lengthy question here, but I felt that Dirt members should have all of the facts to aid in fixing this problem.

I have had a similar situation with Netflix and my Hopper with Sling. I get a error message that the movie is not available and try later. When exiting the Netflix app I have a black screen and no sound on any channels. I have to hard reset on the hopper box to fix it. As reported, Dish is aware of the issue and working on it. No ETA for the fix. It will be rolled out as a download update to the receivers. This was told to me today.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)