Netflix cutbacks production of original programming

Another poorly written article, first this-

Netflix Originals Lockwood & Co., Sex/Life, Freeridge, Human Resources, 1899, Inside Job, Uncoupled, and Mindhunter met their ends recently

Those were all cancelled a year ago, then this-

Of course, all of this is on top of the fact that the product of many of our favorite shows (like Stranger Things and The Last Of Us) are currently on hold while Netflix writers strike to fight for better working conditions and employee protections.

Ummm, the Last of Us is on Netflix?

• Sad
Reactions: MikeD-C05
Another poorly written article, first this-

Netflix Originals Lockwood & Co., Sex/Life, Freeridge, Human Resources, 1899, Inside Job, Uncoupled, and Mindhunter met their ends recently

Those were all cancelled a year ago, then this-
Lockwood & Co didn't start airing til early this year, It was cancelled last month. 1889 cancelled in January, this year.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
Lockwood & Co didn't start airing til early this year, It was cancelled last month. 1889 cancelled in January, this year.
Wrong on Lockwood, 1899 was cancelled on Jan 2, so more then 6 months ago, not recent, definitely was not wrong on The Last of Us being on Netflix.

All networks, Cable, Broadcast and streaming services cancel shows, I do not understand why Netflix gets more animosity then others when they do it.

Cancelling shows is as old as broadcasting itself.

Cancelling shows and replacing them with nothing, which is what is going on here, is brand new.

As predicted. Pop goes the bubble. Enjoy the reruns.
Where do you see that Netflix is not putting on new shows?

Where do you see that Netflix is not putting on new shows?
Everywhere. Yes, Netflix is adding SOME new shows, but cancelling more than it is adding. Net (no pun intended) result is, as predicted, LESS new shows.

Substitute any of the unprofitable streamers for "Netflix" and the story is the same. Less original content.

As predicted.

Pop goes the bubble.

Everywhere. Yes, Netflix is adding SOME new shows, but cancelling more than it is adding. Net (no pun intended) result is, as predicted, LESS new shows.
Proof it, you always make these claims without showing links to back them up, here is my mine, with a link-

Overall, commercial broadcasters are looking at a 3 percent decline in content investments, hovering around pre-pandemic levels as more people bounce from cable. This is affecting television advertising revenue during a time of economic weakness. As more people cut the cord to cable in lieu of streaming services, cable companies are scaling back on original content spending to balance out operational costs paired with declining ad revenue numbers.

Yet, for streaming, while down, is still 8% more then last year

Subscription video-on-demand services will still see an increase in total content investment in 2023 but a lesser 8 percent year-on-year growth compared to 25 percent in 2022. Services will continue to focus on original content to compete in a crowded, cost-sensitive market.

Substitute any of the unprofitable streamers for "Netflix" and the story is the same. Less original content.
There you go again with the unprofitable stuff, both Disney+ and Paramount+ expect to turn profitable in 2024, along with the already profitable Netflix, Hulu, Discovery +, HBOMAX ( i hate the new name), I also expect Peacock to merge with someone and AMC+ to shut down and just provide content.

It took DirecTV 6 years to turn a profit, Dish Network 9 years, you never seem to bring that up in your rants, or the fact that profits are shrinking every year for both.

Proof it, you always make these claims without showing links to back them up
Mainly because you are not a college professor, and I am not writing a dissertation.

, here is my mine, with a link-
Umm, where does this link, to some obscure website I'm sure you never heard of before today, say anything to contradict the article that is the SUBJECT of this thread.

Netflix, the only profitable streaming service, is making less new content than before.

As predicted.

There you go again with the unprofitable stuff
Because its TRUE.
, both Disney+ and Paramount+ expect to turn profitable in 2024, along with the already profitable Netflix, Hulu, Discovery +, HBOMAX ( i hate the new name), I also expect Peacock to merge with someone and AMC+ to shut down and just provide content.
But you cannot answer the question.

In _______ (year) _____________________ (situation) will be different and thus streaming will be profitable.

Fact is, everyone who wants streaming, has it. It is not enough to cover its costs.

But, at least you understand what a dumb move NBC/Comcast made in starting Peacock. In time you will understand that CBS/Paramount and ABC/Disney made the same mistake.
It took DirecTV 6 years to turn a profit, Dish Network 9 years, you never seem to bring that up in your rants, or the fact that profits are shrinking every year for both.
As I have explained, over and over, DISH DirecTV (and cable) have huge infrastructure costs. Streaming has none. Linear TV providers are just that. Linear TV providers.

Non-linear streamers have ONE COST. Content. It was available nationwide on day one, and has (within the level of knitpicking to disagree) zero infastructure costs. It should have been profitable on day one. It isn't.

Those of us who understand this business, understand that. You do not. It is apples and oranges.

Blunt fact is that the content costs for streamers is more than the number of people willing to pay for it.

That won't change.

There are a lot of posters here with a deep understanding of this business. There are a lot that really love TV. And plenty of people that are both. You appear to be neither. Googling up stuff, out of context, not understanding basic business principles, Nielsen, etc.

We get it. You don't like TV, you are making do with whatever saves you the most money. Everybody else is a chump for liking TV. All of the industry experts are wrong and linear TV won't exist in 5 or 6 years.

Move on.

Those of us who understand this business, understand that. You do not. It is apples and oranges.

Blunt fact is that the content costs for streamers is more than the number of people willing to pay for it.

That won't change.

There are a lot of posters here with a deep understanding of this business. There are a lot that really love TV. And plenty of people that are both. You appear to be neither. Googling up stuff, out of context, not understanding basic business principles, Nielsen, etc.

We get it. You don't like TV, you are making do with whatever saves you the most money. Everybody else is a chump for liking TV. All of the industry experts are wrong and linear TV won't exist in 5 or 6 years.
There you go again, cannot debate and you try to make the post about me, which I thought was against the rules here.

Reactions: osu1991 and meStevo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)