Netflix - Marvel's Iron Fist

New Trailer Released

Marvel's Iron Fist | NYCC Teaser Trailer

K'un-Lun saved him. Lei Kung trained him. And now, Danny Rand is back to fight for what's his.

Marvel's Iron Fist premieres 17 March, 2017 exclusively on Netflix.

Finished up the series this morning. I enjoyed it despite the numerous bad reviews. My opinion it was much better than Luke Cage and up there with Jessica Jones.

I could not make it past the second episode. I thought Finn Jones was a major mis-cast. THEN, I read the reviews. I have to agree with most. And I really liked Luke Cage.

Finished up the series this morning. I enjoyed it despite the numerous bad reviews. My opinion it was much better than Luke Cage and up there with Jessica Jones.
I agree.

It did start slow, and had some stupid "I am the iron fist" moments to start, but given time, it got it's legs.

I am not finished, but I am as pleased as I have been with the other Netflix marvel stories.

And this is why I think critics suck.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I could not make it past the second episode. I thought Finn Jones was a major mis-cast. THEN, I read the reviews. I have to agree with most. And I really liked Luke Cage.
I would recommend trying it again.

It really does get better. Maybe slower than the others, but it seemed like ep 7 or 8 is when I really kept hitting next at the end of the show.

I would recommend trying it again.

It really does get better. Maybe slower than the others, but it seemed like ep 7 or 8 is when I really kept hitting next at the end of the show.

Well, no offense, but if it takes 7 or 8 hrs for a 13 ep show to reach it's stride, then I blame the writers, and casting.

It took that long for me to say, hey this is great on all of them to be honest.

I haven't been disappointed yet.

Well, no offense, but if it takes 7 or 8 hrs for a 13 ep show to reach it's stride, then I blame the writers, and casting.

Just get to the 4th episode, first 3 were slow, after the 4th episode I was then hooked, watching the 5th one right now and I know I will be up late watching more.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I am on episode 4. While I enjoy the show and don't think it is that slow, I do think the "epic" level of this one is kind of went down a notch. After watching Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage fighting gangs and gangs of people with machine guns, with super power, etc... the Iron Fist is... kind of lame. :p There is also a lack of danger. Unlike the other series, I don't feel like he is going to get in too much trouble. He is probably not going to get beat up badly like DD. He doesn't seem to have a dark past or dangerous enemies like Jessica Jones or The Punisher. He is not going up against bad guys openly and put his friends in danger like Luke Cage.

Oh and in 4 episodes, I think they only show 1 guy died on the screen. This show is very PG comparing to the others.

I am on episode 4. While I enjoy the show and don't think it is that slow, I do think the "epic" level of this one is kind of went down a notch. After watching Dare Devil, Jessica Jones, and Luke Cage fighting gangs and gangs of people with machine guns, with super power, etc... the Iron Fist is... kind of lame. :p There is also a lack of danger. Unlike the other series, I don't feel like he is going to get in too much trouble. He is probably not going to get beat up badly like DD. He doesn't seem to have a dark past or dangerous enemies like Jessica Jones or The Punisher. He is not going up against bad guys openly and put his friends in danger like Luke Cage.

Oh and in 4 episodes, I think they only show 1 guy died on the screen. This show is very PG comparing to the others.

Within a few episodes everything you wrote will be reversed.

Sent from my iPad using the SatelliteGuys app!

I just started watching Iron Fist this weekend and am enjoying it so far (four episodes in). Like most Netflix originals, it's well produced, and I personally like the Danny Rand character and the actor who plays him, along with most of the supporting cast.

Based on some of the negative buzz I'd been hearing, not knowing the original comics or paying much attention to the show's rollout, I thought NF had taken an Asian comic book superhero and made him white. When in reality (I just learned), they merely stayed true to the source origins story and didn't reinvent for the sake of being more diverse. Complaining NF didn't hire an Asian actor to play Danny Rand (to subvert the genre or trope or whatever) is like complaining that NF didn't make Jessica Jones a Latina.

There's an interesting article in the New York Times that provides a good overview of the controversy: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/17/w...ntroversy.html

While Iron Fist may not rise to the level of DD, JJ, and LC, it's miles better than anything wearing spandex on the CW (I haven't had to stifle the urge to throw my remote at the TV yet). And to quote the article: "In the Netflix-original catalog, it’s well ahead of ‘Fuller House’ and ‘Hemlock Grove.’”

Reactions: Ronnie- and osu1991
Over all I enjoyed iron fist, and binged the show in 2 days. That being said my honest take is, its probably the one of the weaker entries into the defenders origin characters. I felt like Danny was sure awful whiny for someone who spent 15 years training with monks to control his emotions. A few of the episodes could have been cut, and the fight scenes didnt seem nearly as well put together as say Daredevil. I still liked the show and have seen way worse. It did hit its stride, helped set up more of the story of the hand and ultimately the Defenders. Hopefully in a few months when the defenders debuts we will see what a different show runner can do with the character, and how they blend all the characters together. Personally I liked how they did Colleen, and the night nurse stole almost every scene she was in. I find myself wishing these things came out every quarter instead of bi-annually (with the exception of this year as we also will be getting the Punisher this fall) Overall collectively these shows are the best marvel content on tv for your dollar. And these are the lesser known of the heroes, that they are having their story told is kinda a big deal, and they will have far more screen time then the movie heroes.

The changes from the source material are marginal (as has been the case with the movies), for instance its quite obvious that Danny and Colleen are going to be together, instead of Danny and Misty Knight. and Jessica was never in the defenders as far as i can remember. Im courious how these guys all are brought together, because in the comics im remembering Dr. Strange founded the defenders, So does that mean we will see one of the Movie heroes form the Defenders? Or is it Stick, since his is the voice overlay in the Defenders trailer. Will the Punisher make a cameo appearance? All Iron Fist did was make me want the Defenders more. Bring on more marvel. So even though it appears its the weakest of the shows to date (depending on who you ask with some saying Luke Cage was the weakest) that dont mean its just a polished turd. Its still good, very watchable and a major part in setting up the Defenders.

I liked the show more than the reviewers did but I still think it was easily the worst out of all the Netflix Marvel series. I'd still put both seasons of Daredevil above everything else but Jessica Jones and Luke Cage both clear an extremely high quality bar that Iron Fist doesn't.

People have gone way overboard with the hate though. Like Zookster I don't follow the comic books. Everything I read before watching the show lead me to believe they white washed an Asian character like they do in so many big movies. When you see the setup for the story there isn't any more reason for Dany Rand to be Asian than any other race. He was an American kid who's plane crashed near some monks who raised and trained him. That story works the same way no matter what race they made Danny. I do agree that he was far too whiny though. I blame that more on the writing/directing than the actor since he is great in Game of Thrones.

All in all Iron Fist isn't as good as the other Marvel shows on Netflix but it is better than Agents of Shield on ABC. I also think that it's easily better than the current seasons of Arrow and far better than Legends of Tomorrow. I'd probably put The Flash and the first 2 seasons of Arrow above it.

I liked the show more than the reviewers did but I still think it was easily the worst out of all the Netflix Marvel series. I'd still put both seasons of Daredevil above everything else but Jessica Jones and Luke Cage both clear an extremely high quality bar that Iron Fist doesn't.

People have gone way overboard with the hate though. Like Zookster I don't follow the comic books. Everything I read before watching the show lead me to believe they white washed an Asian character like they do in so many big movies. When you see the setup for the story there isn't any more reason for Dany Rand to be Asian than any other race. He was an American kid who's plane crashed near some monks who raised and trained him. That story works the same way no matter what race they made Danny. I do agree that he was far too whiny though. I blame that more on the writing/directing than the actor since he is great in Game of Thrones.

All in all Iron Fist isn't as good as the other Marvel shows on Netflix but it is better than Agents of Shield on ABC. I also think that it's easily better than the current seasons of Arrow and far better than Legends of Tomorrow. I'd probably put The Flash and the first 2 seasons of Arrow above it.
I got into a discussion about this issue with some other people. The entire MCU is different from the comic books, specifically because of the Marvel properties they dont have the rights to use, and its a significant chunk. Without the X-men and associated villains, and the Fantastic 4 and associated villains the entire story has to be altered. Then add in they really need to update some parts of the story. Besides, we dreamed of this stuff when we were kids, and now we are getting it. SUre there will be some that fail, or miss the bar, thats how it goes. But specifically pertaining to the MCU they have a whole lot less continuity issues then the other guys and have thus far been pretty successful. The first 6 eps of Iron Fist were rough, and simply because DD, JJ, and LC set a high standard and bar it appear this show is suffering for it. I still enjoyed it, sure didnt think my childhood was stolen, and it made me want defenders a whole lot more then I already did. August cant get here soon enough.

I didn't realize Finn Jones was in GoT (Loras Tyrell). Again, I didn't pay much attention to the advance publicity for this show, and got the wrong impression from the scraps I did pick up. Now that I know, I still don't think I'd see the connection if I saw "Danny Rand" and "Loras" side-by-side.

But I definitely see your point that any problems with his Danny character has more to do with the writing and directing than him as an actor. In fact, through episode 8 now, I'm seeing some serious flaws in both, such as when

Ward, with his badly injured hand and no superpowers, can't manage to use it to open a pill bottle, yet he somehow manages to drag two bodies, including a very large one, single handedly (literally) from a penthouse apartment, put them into his car, and then deposit them into a body of water. And then his pops wipes out his secret account of embezzled money so he can't get away - if he was a corporate CEO, shouldn't he have other bank accounts full of legitimately earned income that he could use to get out of Dodge? Lastly, I love the Claire Temple character. But if this show had been my first introduction to her, I would've found her a bit annoying and not caring if she got bumped off.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts