This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

Netflix on gaming machines.

Apparently that will only be on the HD-XR that mid level HD box will not be included. As for content who knows. Most streaming is 720p not sure who will offer 1080p or if that content provider will ask for a higher sub fee.

Exactly, Geronimo! That's why I'm not jumping on part of the bandwagon until I see what the entire chain looks like.

Got the PS3 disk in the mail yesterday and the PS3 PQ was excellent on HD streams.

The mail point was right here in town so I guess my mail transit time will be next day for the most part. I got my first BD and it was a two year old release I had in my cue.

Well, so far Netflix looks like if I watch a DVD the day I receive it and return the next day, I'll average 2 a week. What makes this work for me is the streaming HD content. Hope they add more titles to the selection.

Since I have decided to keep Netflix, I shut down my Premium movie channels on Dish Network. Haven't really been watching them anyway. No time. That is saving me about $40 a month which puts me at a net savings of $29 now. So, I have budget for another paid service besides Netflix. Would like something that gave me new programming or streaming HBO, Showtime HD. Any ideas?

Don, I am not sure on the overall price structure, but you know that you can add more than one disc out at a time to your plan right?

That's pretty much what I did, went to Netflix's 1 disc plan (and dumped the premium stations), and we use the streaming almost exclusively (sometimes the one bluray sits unwatched for well over a week).

For other stuff, perhaps hulu plus is an option.

Yes, thanks! I'll be looking into Hulu soon.

New rumored developments- I still have my BB account that I can handle upto 14 BD disks a week but normally average 8. BB manager tells me that they are hoping to stay chap 11 and escape the Viacom debt and recover. We'll just put that in the miracles waiting to happen box. But until BB does close it's doors the BluRay releases are still flowing fine. That account with recent increase is costing me $33 a month but that also includes games. Well worth it! If and once that dries up, thanks to all of your encouragements I have a backup plan and will look into increasing the number of mail orders out at a time.

eg- I mailed in the disk I watched and received Friday, on Saturday. Today is Wednesday and I expect to receive my new disk today. So, that equates to about 8 disks a month if I don't delay in returning.

Don, figured I would revisit this. Been a month since I sent a disc in for the next one, but mailed my old one in yesterday, and will receive Iron Man 2 on Blu-ray tomorrow. So great turn around, and a brand new title on the first try. This has been my general experience with the service all along, but figured I would share again anyway. Hopefully that helps with your second point.

After almost a month I still am averaging 2 per week. Even tried to receive, watch, and mail in on a Saturday as an experiment but the credit didn't register until a Tuesday and I should have the next Disk in the cue on Wednesday, no different.

I do see in your quote from me that I assumed no HD on downloads but that, I found is untrue. It is the lowest form of HD res however, at 720p x 1280 and the audio is simple stereo analog. I have yet to download a movie with DD 5.1 audio. Anyone else experience differently? Next month I will try a test of how fast I can get a new release on the day it is released. By my present cycle, I suspect it will arrive on a Wednesday.

BTW I watched Ironman2 BD last night but I picked it up at BB. I will use Netflix for now for any BluRay they have that BB doesn't.

Then it takes one extra day to send so send on a Friday, you have to experiment till you find how many days it takes.

I got Ironman 2 also, gonna watch today or tomorrow.

Not sure on the audio Don, as I generally keep the surround sound off these days. We tend to watch after we put the kid to sleep, and I like to crank it. Too much temptation lol.
I will do some checking though.

Not sure on the audio Don, as I generally keep the surround sound off these days. We tend to watch after we put the kid to sleep, and I like to crank it. Too much temptation lol.
I will do some checking though.

My Xbox and Blu-ray audio goes through my amp, it's always on.

From what I read they are suppose to add 5.1 audio soon.

I posted a link earlier.

SatelliteGuys.US - View Single Post - Netflix on gaming machines.