Networks Hit Back At Aereo In Supreme Court Response

typical person saying its a conspiracy huh, bet you said that up to before it was revaled that certain agency records all calls huh, but yet was true, also i know people who said they been doing that recording of caLLS SINCE 1981 and just did not start in 2002, well guess what those people were called conspiracy nuts also, but aclu sued and it is revealed it was fact https://www.aclu.org/national-security-technology-and-liberty/executive-order-12333-foia-lawsuit

how this relates to AERO-- IF you knew anybody at local stations who worked there for last 15 years +++ - the GOVT sent etters saying they would have give their spectrum up, but it got foiled, so now they are trying a backdoor method to rest the spectrum from the holders of them.

Aereo does not cut in to their profits. They in fact bring more viewers, although many will skip commercials.

I don't see locals being allowed to sell spectrum.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

The government already has a program in place to further consolidate OTA down to just 29 channels. They are allowing stations to give back their spectrum in exchange for a percentage of the money the government makes selling the licenses to cell phone companies: http://www.dailywireless.org/2013/11/15/battle-for-600-mhz-spectrum-aggregation-limits/

If the program is a success the FCC will consider doing another block. They are doing 20 of the 49 (31-51 minus channel 37 used by radio astronomy) channels right now.

I just read article this evening on the Aereo Blog that they got 34 million to continue to expand to other cities this year. But I read that the Supreme Court could decide on Friday to take this case or take it at a later date.

Chris

I would bet that the Supreme Court decides to let these go to trial before they get involved. All that has happened so far is that different appellant courts have ruled differently on granting an injunction before trial. There will be a trial, then an appeal then an appeal ruling and then maybe an appeal that the Supreme Court will want to be involved in. There are a lot bigger issues before the Supreme Court. One has to remember that this is really only 4 companies arguing technical details. Companies that are worth billions and will not suffer bankruptcy if it takes years to resolve the issue.

The government already has a program in place to further consolidate OTA down to just 29 channels. They are allowing stations to give back their spectrum in exchange for a percentage of the money the government makes selling the licenses to cell phone companies:
If the program is a success the FCC will consider doing another block. They are doing 20 of the 49 (31-51 minus channel 37 used by radio astronomy) channels right now.

after the sting of humilation in 2000, they now short-term want it OTA down to 2-13, then after that no OTA because they want all transmissions to go over the internet, cause as date they think they have a right to spy on all law abiding citizens.

The Supreme Court is going to hear the case against the Broadcasters and Aereo I guess it will be heard in April and a ruling could be as early as July. I was hoping they would not hear the case. The story came out this afternoon.

The broadcasters made their deal with the devil and got a pile of free spectrum in return.

Now they want to renege on their Faustian bargain.

it's one or the other. If they get the protection they want, the FCC better revoke their license to use OUR spectrum.

I think the Supreme Court will stomp the broadcasters, so I'm not worried at all.

There's too much OTHER choices out there for getting content other than to watch OTA tv, so the only sacrifice if Aereo loses, is ease of access to some broadcasted content for maybe 24 hours at most.

The broadcasters LOST as soon as the internet got traction. They just don't understand that truth as of yet...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)