New Call Center

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

enoree

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2005
I read in the Spartanburg SC paper that Echostar most likely will build a new distribution center and call center in Spartanburg, creating about 1800 jobs. Maybe we will get CSR's who speak English.

enoree said:
I read in the Spartanburg SC paper that Echostar most likely will build a new distribution center and call center in Spartanburg, creating about 1800 jobs. Maybe we will get CSR's who speak English.

nope, just besause its located in the usa, dsent mean everyone they will hire will speak english fluently

I remember standing in line at a SC restaurant, behind 4 people who were chatting about something. I could hardly understand a word they were saying. I told my wife that if they were discussing a plan to mug us when we walked out that I would have walked right into it.

OTOH, when I've visited Charleston, I've found the accents charming.

PS I also learned that if you don't want cole slaw on your hot dog, then make sure you tell them. They've gotten me three times on this one over the years.

PPS I should mention that I once lived in Florida for three years.

Last edited:
I guess it all boils down to demographics. I own a vacation home in Charleston, and I can tell you that the people down there sure as heck don't talk any better than the folks in the Spartanburg area. Only the very well to do folks, have that "charming" southern draw.

As for the hot dog, Iam still trying to figure out how to order one after 37 years!!LOL

uh, oh I can see this getting out of control here :devil:
As a Brit living in the US for more than 10 years, i thought i would have no language difficulties but i still finding people who don't understand what i said.
Another example was, the first time i saw trainspotting on us TV, it had subtitles !! Now i understand that scottish accents can be tough but my scot's friends are somewhat bemused. :confused:
I love accents, especially the southern drawl or a real irish southern irish, different to northern ireland, ones. :)
Oh btw the english accent and the australian accent are different :D

the call center is going to be in texas, i was hoping in sc also but they decided against it for whatever reason

How many call centers are there? And where are they?

I remember there is one somwhere in Texas

Christiansburg, VA (incoming only)

Somewhere in West Virginia (outgoing only)

Phillipines (Orange) I guess it's still there.

Denver, CO

Which ones am I missing?

Don't know how ohio got dragged into this but yes there are tons of immigrants here. The town next to mine is "little mexico"...

I've heard enough reggaeton in the mall parking lot to fill a lifetime...

I went to England, France,Sweden, and Italy a few years back. The only place that I had trouble communicating with people was in London, England. In France, I could translate, but in London there was no translation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)