New Channelmaster 4228, good Idea?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Well, that may not be exactly true. Much of the damage caused by lightning comes not from a direct strike (which is really catastrophic to most installations, but fortunately relatively rare) but rather from the EMP produced by a nearby discharge, and that can come from either type. Since most cloud-to-cloud activity is at higher altitudes then it's much less likely that such an event will cause a problem, but certainly not impossible...

Good point. Makes sense.

"Why" doesn't matter. Some stations have already applied for their license with this intention. Many cities are all-UHF today on the digital side but one or more stations will switch. Just because there's fewer channels doesn't mean anything. In general, most or more will be on the UHF side....

Go to AVS Forum and find the "local HDTV reception" for your city (or nearby market) and see if that's the plan for any. You're fine for two years anyway... :) If it happens, you can *add* a VHF antenna.

Why is becuase those stations are marketed by thier VHF channel number and they want to continue to broadcast on it. also VHF signals travel longer distances better so in rural areas VHF makes more sense for the stations.

I put that antenna in my attic, works great. It was rated to work in attics and we are only 15 miles from the transmitters so the siding on the house really has no effect, signal strength is near 100 for all stations.

As at least one other poster has indicated the 3118 is sometimes too directional I ust 4221 and i get more OTA channels than a neighbor with the 4228. If all your stations are located close together it may not bea n issue. In other cases (like mine) it can be,

I can also testify that a lightning strike does not have to be direct to do damage. I HAD an oak in my back yard that was twice hit by lightning. It blew outa number of surge protectors and killed one device. All it has to do is be close.

Just hooked up the 4228 and it works great. I am 30+ miles from antennas and I am getting all my locals in the 75-100% range!!!

Just hooked up the 4228 and it works great. I am 30+ miles from antennas and I am getting all my locals in the 75-100% range!!!

Same here. Just using it in the attic with a preamp allows me to pull in them all. Including the FOX station at 100% over 30 miles away. ABC & NBC are more than acceptable 80%+. The problem station has always been the CBS affiliate and I can get them at 68% but some antennas cant get it at all indoors. If put outside I am sure I can do better. I havent even tweaked it yet either.

4228 is very good. if it doesn't quite do it the 4248 (big yagi) can work better in areas where you need to get more directional if you have evergreens or large hills in the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)