Sep 10, 2003
Hayden, ID
Does Dish have 2 free transponders???

I would like to see:
1 transponder - Bravo HD, NBC HD, Fox HD
2 transponder - EncoreHD, Cinemax HD, The Movie Channel HD

This addition would keep me & many others from even considreing D* or V*

Also, get better movies on PPV HD!!

With all due respect to my current TV provider, Dish is NOT a leader in HD. They are a follower. They will keep up with DirecTV after they see what Rupert has up his sleeve. It's a shame, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I, myself would rather see 3-4 SD basic channels BEFORE the other HD channels, but I won't corrupt this thread with basic channel requests. LOL

Correct, dish says they are leaders, put in charlie's own words, he said he doesn't like to be the first. I wonder what they plan on doing to counter directvs rumored 24 hd channels.

Dish cannot lead right now they do not have the satellite space to lead. If Dish decides to put HD on 105 when it launches next month, they could put 32 HDTV channels on it (this is about the amount of space they have given the locals on it now). Of course they would probably move CBS-HD E/W to 105 if they are going to put FOX/NBC on there.

Of course the question is: Will Dish network use 105 for HDTV or will they use a different slot? They have 2 more slots leased, they could in theory use one of them for HD allowing 48 or so HDTV channels for now and 96 channels when they launch the next satellite next year to one of their new slots.

DBSOgre said:
With all due respect to my current TV provider, Dish is NOT a leader in HD. They are a follower. They will keep up with DirecTV after they see what Rupert has up his sleeve. It's a shame, but that's the way the cookie crumbles. I, myself would rather see 3-4 SD basic channels BEFORE the other HD channels, but I won't corrupt this thread with basic channel requests. LOL

They also claim to be Number 1 in costumer satisfaction and that is SO NOT TRUE!!!

korsjs said:
Correct, dish says they are leaders, put in charlie's own words, he said he doesn't like to be the first. I wonder what they plan on doing to counter directvs rumored 24 hd channels.

The figure for DirecTV keeps being misinterpreted(Not by you korsjs). It's not 24 new HD channels, it's 24 Total HD channels. That total includes 9 for NFL-ST. Here is the rumored D* HD lineup. If E* adds NBC and FOX HD on the wings that puts E* back to parity again.

1. 119 Hdnet
2. 119 HBO
3. 110 Showtime
4. 110 DiscoveryHD
5. 110 ESPN
6. 110 HDNET Movies
7. 101 CBS-NY
8. 101 CBS-LA
9. 101 NBC-NY
10 101 NBC-LA
11 119 HD PPV/Spice
12 110 HD Bravo
13 101 NFL HD-1 (CBS-1)
14 101 NFL HD-2 (CBS-2)
15 110 HD NFL-3 (CBS-3)
16 110 HD NFL-4 (Fox-1)
17 119 HD NFL-5 (Fox-2)
18 119 HD NFL-6 (Fox-3)
19 119 HD NFL-7 (Fox-4)
20 119 NFL HD-8 (Fox-5)
21 119 HD NFL-9 (Fox-6)
22 101 FOX-NY
23 101 FOX-LA
24 Future HD

NightRyder

I might bite on a few ppvs if spice or playboy comes to dish. I feel there is a higher priority for other channels before them, but it might be nice to see some smut in 1080i. I very very very seldom buy ppv movies. I usually buy the four major wwf events, but that is about it. I think the last ppv I ordered was the Tyson Lewis fight.

Thats a great lineup if all you need is football or you can't get the network HD via OTA...otherwise it's not much better than Dish already has.

The other rumor I believe I've read is that the new 105 sat may be for their Internet service. If they were to use it for that, will that use up the entire capacity, or will there still be some left for HD?

SimpleSimon said:
MAN - that HD lineup is enough to make me switch - even though I'd have to dump my 921.

CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW CHARLIE??????
I have waivers on sd D* (actually Pegasus), if I can transfer them over I would receive cbshd, foxhd and nbchd (abc is only one that would not give waiver their loss as mon nite football is only abc thing I watch) 811's are 100$ more than Hughes hd box's...I do not see any bad threads against them. (my sd D* is a Hughes box) I work half the weekends a month so Sunday ticket not that big of a deal as I would miss half unless I Replayed them. (although hd tivo not out of picture either). Depends on D* granting my waivers and E*s response to the hd challenge. Might even keep both :) as I have them now anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)